Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Nora. The News or Freep had a pretty extensive article on her a year or so ago. but after a quick search I only found expired links. As I recall, she's considerably younger than he.

From what I see the Maroun family has put at least some money and effort into the 'improvements' made in the last year. However, with little visible change in 2012 it's hard to determine just what is happening with MCS.

I'm glad to see what work has occurred there to date, but I would think that they could have done more. Has any substantial work happened there this summer other than the lighting project? Are there work vehicles on site?

Maroun has claimed that he is marketing the building to a major tenant. How feasible is it to acquire a tenant with a decrepit structure? I would think that a new roof and windows to accompany the clean up last year would assist any so-called marketing effort. Maybe even some restoration to the main floor of the building in the way of repairs to the brick/plaster/etc.

He is also under mandate from the city to do some work on the complex or demolish it, so he may simply be doing enough to keep city council off his *ss.

Just more than a year away, December 26 2013, will be the centenary of the MCS.

I've gotta be honest, if all he did was put on new roofs, new windows, kept it secure from trespassers, and lit it up at night, I'd be pretty damn happy.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2