Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Great! I just filled up an ice tray with er-um' water........

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    The DPW workers' strike continues. So drink the water at your own risk!

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    Agreed. Average wages will actually rise. Because it makes more sense to pay $90,000 to one person who can do 4 jobs rather than $35,000 to 4 people who accomplish the same thing.
    It makes much more sense for the ratepayers. And no sense for workers or their Union [[who is paid a percentage of total payroll, plus their leadership is probably full-time for union on city payroll on taxpayer dime.)

We have to decide if this is a jobs program, or a water department.

As a retired WWTP worker,let me chime in.If they can still "operate "the WWTP with the other workers,fire them.There was a thread a while back about the plant being way over staffed,and 80% could be let go.This is making managements point.
    In 1980,fresh out of the USAF,the DWSD was under court order to upgrade the WWTP and hire "qualified workers".I took their mickey mouse test and was told with my quals.,I was to hired in as a supervisor.But because I was new and white,I would have to slog along for a while as a plant attendant.Wasn't even hired in and the games had started.I said no thanks and worked 27 years in Ann Arbor at the WWTP.

Yep, it does seem to being doing that!

Quote Originally Posted by luckycar View Post
    As a retired WWTP worker, let me chime in. If they can still "operate "the WWTP with the other workers, fire them. There was a thread a while back about the plant being way over staffed,and 80% could be let go.This is making managements point.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2