What if 300,000 people moved to Detroit? How would be positively affect the city.

If I were asked this question, my answers would be all over the table.

I would estimate that would be 210,000 new households subtracting out 90,000 people were families or just those who lived together. This would be 210,000 homes that are not occupied now that would become occupied meaning many streets that now have vacated, burned out homes would no longer.

I would estimated that would mean at least 5,000 new retail businesses of various sorts, lets say 1,000 of them would be in the downtown and midtown areas and the other 4,000 would be in the neighborhoods throughout the city, meaning those areas would look better.

I would estimated that would bring in about $400 million in revenue for the city, in terms of income, property and sales tax and grants, etc from the federal government. This would probably wire out Detroit budget shortfall.

I would estimated all the recreation centers, police and fire stations would have to reopen and hire additional workforce.

I would estimate that 80% of the non-working street lights would be repaired.

I would estimated another 50 public and charter schools and some schools would have that high academic standards.

I would estimated that a mall would be built downtown.

I would estimated that the Pistons would move downtown.

I would estimated that the Detroit Science Center would reopen and the other museums would have even more world class exhibits.

I would estimate that crime would decrease by 20% because of the lower unemployment rate, more police and private security, more recreational opportunities, and training facilities.

I would estimate that the bus system would be improved.

I would estimate that the Lions would win the Superbowl, just hoping.

I would estimate that people and the media would have a better attitude about Detroit.

I would estimate that Detroit would be mentioned as the comeback city and the place to be.

Maybe, just maybe.

Estimated by
Anthony Brogdon
Producer of the documentary "The Great Detroit" funding campaign www.indiegogo.com/thegreatdetroitdocumentary
Founder of www.strongdetroit.net