Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Jeepers! I grew up listening to a lot of stuff, including the Jackson 5 [[Tito was the best). MJ was da Man back then, still is in that context. However, knowing what type abuse was going on back then kinda taints the whole '5 thing nowadays

If MJ was abused at the severity and level that he claimed; his subsequent "interactions" with kids implies that not only was there physical and verbal abuse, but sexual as well. The question is: Which Jackson was giving MJ the "bad" touch?

The interview conducted during the last documentary on him reflected a person who was not able to care for a child; the "blanket" portion showed MJ as being nervous and clearly not knowing what to do in a common [[or in his case - stressful) parental situation. That shows me [[as a parent of 2 and mostly on "point" for both kids) that he was not in direct care of his children. The handling of the child, the way he freaked out; it [[his claim of parenting) was all show and no go, IMHO.

Many parents fuck up, some even think they parent through providing material goods; the latter is MJ. A good father would not put his kids through the crap he did and [[most importantly) he would know the importance of impressions on a young mind. As a child who was supposedly abused, he did nothing to break that cycle; merely used other kids as a means for him to try and "recoup" his childhood. He had the means and failed.

Throwing money at charities is a common way for rich bastards to white wash their images. You cannot put a price on good parenting; it is obvious that MJ failed.

MJ had more than enough money to fight the charges against him; he chose to settle. Not only did he have one round of "situations", but multiple. The first one's free, but the next one/s are going to cost you. IMHO, if someone ever tried to sue me on grounds of "bad touching" a child [[and I was truly innocent), you had better believe I would go broke fighting that crap; then bury the motherfuckers by any means that came after me with that crap.

So now we are all left with his shit mess. He gets off scott free and the public now deals with his legacy. As a fan of the Jackson 5 and as a parent who has to contextualize what a bastard he was to children to my kids -- he can rot in Hell.

Quote Originally Posted by English View Post
    This thread again... sigh...

ZRXDoug says: "Are you gonna cry for Gary Glitter when he kicks it?"

Hope that's a rhetorical question, because I didn't start this stuff. It belongs in Soulful Detroit, not here.
    Nothin' rhetorical at all about the question, English, it was an honest question brought on by your response to my own post.
    I made fun of a dead pedophile, you called me a pitiful excuse for a human being..so I honestly wondered if your sympathies will extend to another famous kiddy-diddler/musician when he dies.
    FWIW, I'll betcha "Rock & Roll [[part II)" gets more play than anything Jackson's ever done..so will ya shed a tear for the artist who performed it when he heads off to child-molester hell? Will you question the humanity of those who make light of the death of another sick fuck, or will you merely bemoan the fact that it's posted in the wrong forum?

..and I never claimed you started this asinine thread, not really sure WTF that has to do with anything. Between you & me, I don't think it belongs in "Soulful Detroit," or anywhere else on the web..except for possibly the NAMBLA home page..

Sludgedaddy Guest

"Thriller" maybe excellent background music for carving pumpkins and one can't deny that "Ben" is the bomb for checking out the old Victor traps lines, but give me Cab Calloway doing "Reefer Man From Harlem" anyday over MJ.

Cab, in my humble opinion, was more the consumate entertainer than the late Mister Jackson. Media hype and the present celebrity worship culture made Micheal Jackson the Legend.

I heard that Calloway's Orchestra was hired at the Cotton Club due to Mafia pressure.

Also heard that Blanche was a wild woman.

Michael Jackson was a singer and dancer. A very good one, perhaps even superlative, but just a singer and dancer none the less.

I'm astonished at the outpouring of grief and the media attention given to this, the not entirely unexpected early demise of a drug-addled entertainer. Doctors and teachers die every single day, and they actually affected lives in a real way which Mr. Jackson did not. And, they did not have unheard of prescription drugs in their houses.

To rephrase a Chevy Chase gag from a very long time ago: "Our top story tonight: Michael Jackson is STILL DEAD." I'm sort of confused by the apparent hero worship. The guy sang and danced; he wasn't Mother Teresa.

What is "Rock & Roll [[Part II)"?

Quote Originally Posted by ZRX Doug View Post
    Nothin' rhetorical at all about the question, English, it was an honest question brought on by your response to my own post.
    I made fun of a dead pedophile, you called me a pitiful excuse for a human being..so I honestly wondered if your sympathies will extend to another famous kiddy-diddler/musician when he dies.
    FWIW, I'll betcha "Rock & Roll [[part II)" gets more play than anything Jackson's ever done..so will ya shed a tear for the artist who performed it when he heads off to child-molester hell? Will you question the humanity of those who make light of the death of another sick fuck, or will you merely bemoan the fact that it's posted in the wrong forum?

..and I never claimed you started this asinine thread, not really sure WTF that has to do with anything. Between you & me, I don't think it belongs in "Soulful Detroit," or anywhere else on the web..except for possibly the NAMBLA home page..

I find this article ironic:
    http://www.freep.com/article/20090708/ENT04/907080331

Michael desperately wanted to be white. So sad . . .

MJ was a wacko but at least he is now relaxing in Heaven with Jesus.

OMG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Michael Jackson died? I just read the thread title. I can't believe it!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ejames01 View Post
    What is "Rock & Roll [[Part II)"?
    It's Gary Glitter's claim to fame..if you've ever been to a sporting event, you've heard it. Gets about as much play as "We Will Rock You" & "We Are The Champions" does..or at least it used to before Mr. Glitter got himself busted for banging children..funny how some pro sports teams apparently have higher standards of ethics than most of Detroit seems to..

Ah..here ya go.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qPAKo...layer_embedded
    Amazing that the sick bastage has made his fortune by repeatedly singing[[?) the word "hey," ain't it?
    Last edited by ZRX Doug; July-08-09 at 11:45 AM.

Thanks. I never knew what the name of that song was!

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5