Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

No doubt drugs will be involved.

I have a hard time comprhending all the fascination people have about these 'celebrities'. Most of them are leading warped lives, and the "admiration" they attain is ill-served. Same goes for the jocks.

Lot of judgmental people in here. Don't be mad that when you die no one will remember you. RIP Micheal Jackson.

Don't be mad that when you die no one will remember you

Oh well...Sucks for him because he won't be around to see all these people "remember" him.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I have a hard time comprhending all the fascination people have about these 'celebrities'. Most of them are leading warped lives, and the "admiration" they attain is ill-served. Same goes for the jocks.
    Truer words were seldom spoken.
    We would all be better off if this admiration was given to the responsible dads and mothers who provide for their children, good teachers, kind people.......and the good cops like Ray!
    But, it is always sad when death reminds us all that we lose in the end. The great equalizer.

Quote Originally Posted by daddeeo View Post
    No doubt drugs will be involved.
    Reports are that it was indeed prescription drugs that did him in. According to an ER source, Jackson took an injection of demerol [[a powerful painkiller) before he collapsed.

http://www.thesun.co.uk/sol/homepage...t-moments.html

And then a family spokesman issues a statement claiming that Michael's inner circle were "enabling" him and providing him with prescription drugs.

Quote Originally Posted by Bobl View Post
    Truer words were seldom spoken.
    We would all be better off if this admiration was given to the responsible dads and mothers who provide for their children, good teachers, kind people.......and the good cops like Ray!
    But, it is always sad when death reminds us all that we lose in the end. The great equalizer.
    Amen brother.

8. Default

See ya,sicko.

No tears from me. A talented man with a fucked up life.

Hope all the little boys and plastic surgery was worth it.

Damn, there is a lot of bitter mean people on DetroitYES!

diver1369 Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Maof View Post
    That #3 - Ed McMahon, Farah Fawcett, and Michael Jackson
    And Sky Saxon of the Seeds. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JY-z5glOdq0

His death as his life is becoming a circus, Guess he would have wanted it that way.

I respect his musical talent. His personal life and eccentricities are another story.

Two men are amazed at their good luck tonight...Conservocrite Politicians Mark Sanford and David Ensign. [[Both harsh critics of Bill Clinton's romps with Monica, both pious prayer mumbling "Christians", both newly outed adulterers, who both made the front pages this AM, and now, poof, suddenly finding their scandals dwarfed by the death of tabloid journalism's favorite character...)

Wag the dog!

Quote Originally Posted by barnesfoto View Post
    Two men are amazed at their good luck tonight...Conservocrite Politicians Mark Sanford and David Ensign. [[Both harsh critics of Bill Clinton's romps with Monica, both pious prayer mumbling "Christians", both newly outed adulterers, who both made the front pages this AM, and now, poof, suddenly finding their scandals dwarfed by the death of tabloid journalism's favorite character...)
    A friend of mine mentioned that earlier, but the damage is pretty much done for them. Especially Mark Sanford...

any bets on when the summer blockbuster movie will be released?? They seemed to have cranked our movies for Ray Charles and Johnny Cash in a matter of months.

Quote Originally Posted by WolverinesA2 View Post
    It's probably the best thing though for his children. Growing up with a dad who is definitely severely mentally ill and probably a child molester, I thought for sure that all three of those kids were going to become extremely screwed up adults. Now at least they have a chance at a normal life.
    Really?......did you ever listen to that blonde lady he was married to, who's the birth mother? She sounds like a freakin nut case to me, I'm sure she'll get custody.

9mile&seneca Guest

A friend of mine mentioned that earlier, but the damage is pretty much done for them. Especially Mark Sanford...
    Sanford should move to Massachusetts. he could drown his girlfriend and get on with his life and career.

SMDH @ souless azzholes...I didn't know so many water walkers posted on here....

This guy had far too many enablers in his life.

He would have been better off with less enablers and more people who could slap the shit out of him and tell him that he's a nut.

RIP Michael, and thanks for entertaining me.

Quote Originally Posted by Ray1936 View Post
    I have a hard time comprehending all the fascination people have about these 'celebrities'. Most of them are leading warped lives, and the "admiration" they attain is ill-served. Same goes for the jocks.
    Couldn't agree more^ but some pop culture figures are just too big to ignore, no matter what the opinions are. Like the old saying goes, "The opposite of love is not hate; it is indifference." Few people are indifferent about Michael Jackson.

For me, the older he got the less I liked about him and his music, but I still wish him a RIP.

And Leoqueen, this thread definitely belongs in Discuss Detroit, because Detroit / Motown connection is the source of his mega-career.

From the first time I danced with a girl at age 10 to your song 'I want to Rock With You', to Roller Skating with friends while listening to 'PYT' at Boneventure Skate Rink, and anxiously awaiting the debut of your Thriller Video on MTV to sharing your wonderful music with my own child in present times you have made a measurable impact on my life Micheal, you will not be forgotten.
    Last edited by CountrySquire; June-26-09 at 08:01 AM.

I've always liked his music, the man was an incredible entertainer and nobody can ever take that away from him. It's too bad his personal life was such a horrible mess.

R.I.P. Michael Jackson.

Great songs and great entertainer.
    Strange personal life though.
    RIP Michael Jackson

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast