Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: You buy, we fry

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    That is not quite true. Horses, dogs, cattle are all known to eat well past the point of satiating hunger, occasionally to the point of eating themselves to death
    Even if what you say is true, animals don't eat for entertainment, which was my point. Humans do. Animals may engorge themselves with food, even to the
    point of death, but they aren't doing it for the entertainment value.

All that aside, I have no problem with one that choose to eat these foods, Aside from the health issues that often result, helping to drive medical costs up for all, even us who aren't car centric, lead active lifestyles and exercise regularly.

You Buy, We Fry, you eat... you die!

Lol!

If you're gonna eat fried foods it should be infrequent and as treat [[entertainment I suppose). That's what I do. I never fry food at home. Once in a while I do the Fish House up on Woodward by Highland Park. They fry well.

Eating fried food often...? No, not a good idea. Fast food even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by leapfrog View Post
    If it was determined to be detrimental to our health [[like eating deep fried food is), yes.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    If you're gonna eat fried foods it should be infrequent and as treat [[entertainment I suppose). That's what I do. I never fry food at home. Once in a while I do the Fish House up on Woodward by Highland Park. They fry well.

Eating fried food often...? No, not a good idea. Fast food even worse.
    That's the place I was talking about. It has a fake palm tree in front of the building. Right across the street from a Sav-a-Lot supermarket.

Yes obesity is a winner every time.
    Food is for fuel, not for entertainment
    Everyone who eats fried food is not obese.

Yeah, the do fried fish right. Good chicken wings too. I just call my orders in - then go pick up my guilty pleasure. Not daily fare, but good quality food once in a while. They have a sister store up on Eight Mile near Meyers.

Quote Originally Posted by MidTownMs View Post
    That's the place I was talking about. It has a fake palm tree in front of the building. Right across the street from a Sav-a-Lot supermarket.

Food is for fuel, not for entertainment
    What an incredibly dreary way to look at life. Glad I'm not you.

Quote Originally Posted by EastsideAl View Post
    What an incredibly dreary way to look at life. Glad I'm not you.
    I suppose then sex is for reproduction, not for entertainment. Poor Mrs. leapfrog.

There's one near my house at 8 and Dequindre. I've bought cod and shrimp there and found it to be fresh and fairly priced. My GF fried it for us at home though.

Wow, a lot of food nazis on the board.

You buy, we fry is just a simple non trademarked phrase for independent fried fish stores.

Some make pretty good fried catfish.

When did "fry" become such a nasty word? I don't eat fried food everyday but a few times a year I want some grease. Since I don't fry in my house [[I don't like grease in my kitchen) I have no problem going to a buy and fry. They are much better than Long John Silver's, KFC, Churches, or Popeyes. There are also buy and fry's such as Southern Fires, Fishbones,Beans & Cornbread, Sinbad's, etc. where you can sit down and get your fry on. But sometimes I just want to call in my order and go get it . Now if they would just deliver....I guess they would be called buy, fry and drive by...I saw a guy on the Food Channel who said he still uses the same grease to fry food his great grandfather used when he opened the restaurant over 100 years ago....
    Last edited by MidTownMs; September-23-12 at 12:06 PM.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2