Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

Default Two Tales of An Accident

This morning a vehicle seemingly attempted to go under a car-carrier on that piece of I-375/75 that connects to Gratiot, near the current ending of the Dequindre Cut, on the south end of Eastern Market.

Of the two news agencies which reported it first...in my perception, at least...there were details which opposed each other. So I wonder, which is correct, the Free Press or WDIV on their ClickonDetroit webpage?

One person died in a two-vehicle crash at Gratiot and I-375 in Detroit this morning, according to the Michigan State Police.

The crash happened on the ramp from Gratiot Avenue to I-375 at about 7 a.m., MSP Lt. Michael Shaw said this morning. He did not have details about the crash.

The ramp is expected to be closed for at least a couple of hours while the victim is extricated from a vehicle and investigators process the crash site, Shaw said.
    One person is dead after an early morning accident in Detroit Wednesday.

The accident happened at the I-75/I-375 ramp to Gratiot around 7 a.m.

The ramp is expected to be closed for several hours.

Can you see the difference? From the images on the ClickonDetroit page, it is pretty clear they got the reporting right, too.

That exit is pretty dangerous sometimes...it gets stopped up just after that rise. In rush hours, those exceeding the 55mph limit really have to jam on the brakes. State should put a flashing sign just before that rise.

Plus, the lights are all out-of-sync there, too. I have to do a Detroit Red at Chene to get through Gratiot's green on Westbound Vernor. I think if they made the light at the interstate exit a shorter duration, and gave inbound Gratiot a dedicated right turn lane [[and dedicated merge for that block before the Gratiot Market)...it would solve a good bunch of that backup. Too many people who want to get to Eastbound Vernor clog up that right-hand-turn lane.

The Crain's people must have some fun watching it all.
    Last edited by Gannon; September-12-12 at 08:33 AM.