Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5

Quote Originally Posted by JJD View Post
    I think charging $10 a year for state park access in cars is completely reasonable. I also like that they are not going to charge pedestrians or cyclists to use the island. For that minor incovience we could have the littler removed, working bathrooms, Scott Fountain running all the time, and maintained trails on the state'd dime [[which is also our tax dollars at work for us). For anyone who wanted access to the parks but cannot afford the fee, you can always park and walk across.
    Let me be a liberal... allow people to certify at Secretary of State that they have a net worth and income less than x, and you get a free state pass to ALL parks state-wide. Win.

Let me be a conservative ... allow people to use their food stamps to pay for this fee.

Great point on the tax dollars. They are our dollars. City and State residents.

Quote Originally Posted by Motor City Sam View Post
    Back when I was a kid, no trip to Belle Isle [[and I took man) was complete without as many rides on the giant slide as we could get.
    That was true for me as well, until I was flying down another giant slide, became airborne and removed most of the flesh around my elbow [[yes, to the bone in one place)

Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5