Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    No... next door... it's the former ANR Building which was the former Gas Building... which has an [[now unused) skywalk connecting it to the Guardian Building on the 19th [[or so) floor.
    Does the purchase of this building also include the unused skywalk? I know for a while a guy has wanted to turn that skywalk into a bar [[which I think would be awesome!) and Dan Gilbert seems like just the kind of building owner who would support that 100%.

Quote Originally Posted by Flintoid View Post
    Does the purchase of this building also include the unused skywalk? I know for a while a guy has wanted to turn that skywalk into a bar [[which I think would be awesome!) and Dan Gilbert seems like just the kind of building owner who would support that 100%.

Oh goody. I've always wanted to see Detroit's version of the Atlanta Hyatt disaster. Wonder what the resonant frequency of that skywalk is?!

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    Oh goody. I've always wanted to see Detroit's version of the Atlanta Hyatt disaster. Wonder what the resonant frequency of that skywalk is?!
    It was the Kansas City Hyatt that the skywalk collapsed. That was an interior skywalk, not between two buildings.

Quote Originally Posted by Gannon View Post
    I had never heard of it before, fascinating. Although it was Kansas City, not Atlanta.

Don't know how those who'd had too much to drink would like walking on the Skywalk. Sometimes you can feel it flex/bounce when people are walking across it. It goes from the 14th floor of One Woodward to 19 in the Guardian Building. When I worked there, 14 was the location of the big cafeteria, and also the location to switch from the low-rise elevators to the high-rise.

Quote Originally Posted by grumpyoldlady View Post
    Don't know how those who'd had too much to drink would like walking on the Skywalk. Sometimes you can feel it flex/bounce when people are walking across it. It goes from the 14th floor of One Woodward to 19 in the Guardian Building. When I worked there, 14 was the location of the big cafeteria, and also the location to switch from the low-rise elevators to the high-rise.

Actually it goes from the 14th floor of One Woodward to the 16th floor of the Guardian Building.

Were you Michcon or ANR? I have worked here since 1980. [[ Now DTE). I was in the Guardian Building from 1983 to 1998. Beautiful place to work.

Where did I get 19th floor???? Of course it was 16. I started with Michigan Wisconsin Pipe Line in 1971, which became part of ANR. I worked at One Woodward, the Guardian Building and in the Ren Cen, but the biggest portion of my 20 years was at One Woodward. I liked One Woodward the best because it was sleek and modern inside, but loved the oldness of the GB, too. Wish I'd seen the GB as thoroughly as I'd seen One Woodward. Lots of neat places I never got to see.