Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Even if he succeeds, it'll be bad for Detroit in the long term.

One company/guy owning EVERYTHING will ALWAYS be a recipe for disaster, no matter how much said person smiles in your face. He's a businessman first and foremost after all.

Well, Gilbert and Illitch anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    That's close to my base like 10 years ago. Some things never change. They paint the office in pretty colors and give free slushies so magazines rate it as a great place to work.
    Given the lack of jobs in Detroit, I don't think many of those kids are complaining.

Shollin Guest

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Given the lack of jobs in Detroit, I don't think many of those kids are complaining.
    Most of the people working there don't live in Detroit.

Eh.

Detroit, Metro Detroit, same thing in this context.

So if the lower tier jobs are on shaky ground how many upper level employees that do not already have roots in the burbs could really be enticed to move downtown,if your job is considered transitional on a whim you are surly not going to move close to it.It would not be right to say I have 2000 employees to move downtown to make it look good when in reality only 500 would actually move.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    So if the lower tier jobs are on shaky ground how many upper level employees that do not already have roots in the burbs could really be enticed to move downtown,if your job is considered transitional on a whim you are surly not going to move close to it.It would not be right to say I have 2000 employees to move downtown to make it look good when in reality only 500 would actually move.
    Some of these people may still live with their parents in the suburbs.

Otherwise, they would likely be renters.

Rental prices in Detroit are still quite low. If you really budget down your money and live with a roommate, I can certainly see them moving downtown.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2