Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Threaded View

I detect in a lot of the above posts the definition of ghettoized, disenfranchised people, and it is that these people are ignored. When I was young, I had a difficult time understanding the meaning of "The Invisible Man" by James Baldwin; a very controversial title: now I am a bit more attuned to his expression of life for a negro in the forties and fifties.

There is a continual dismissal of poor black americans in all cities, and this brings about the kind of ignorance of wider society, fear and lack of potential in dealing with given codes of behavior. This kind of thing has a long standing, Black america has always been caricatured in baffling ways, and with time it has also managed to caricature itself in very negative regressive ways.
    Last edited by canuck; September-04-12 at 06:38 PM.