Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    From what I've read, the driver of the truck was more than likely going to be killed himself or would have suffered some very serious injuries had he not been legally armed.
    Did he turn his truck off?

I doubt the legality of his being armed would have had an effect here.

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    So does that mean he deserved to die?
    It simply means that he likely would have done to the driver what he tried to do to his "friend" in 2000...
    "in 2000 the deceased would have killed a 'friend' that he had beaten unconscious if an off-duty policeman had not happened by and intervened"

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    So does that mean he deserved to die?
    Of course not -- but he did deserve to die more than the driver.

I'll take a dead aggressor over a dead victim anyday.

Recent update to this story - no charges will be filed against the driver of the truck.

http://thenewsherald.com/articles/20...8236623088.txt

"Makowski said Myers originally tried to flee, but his truck was in park after the crash."

Yep, It would have taken WAY too much time to throw the truck into "D", a lot faster to pull out a gun, take off the safety, then fire it @ the assailant.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    "Makowski said Myers originally tried to flee, but his truck was in park after the crash."

Yep, It would have taken WAY too much time to throw the truck into "D", a lot faster to pull out a gun, take off the safety, then fire it @ the assailant.
    from the Herald..."Enoch then got up and attacked Myers, according to witnesses. He hit Myers several times in the head through the truck’s side window, which was down."

I'm glad Myers was able to defend himself, and was able to avoid being seriously injured in the attack.

"through the truck’s side window, which was down"

Another possible solution? Unless Myers drives around with a cocked pistol in one hand, something is odd, or I'm just not getting the full story. If Myers was asleep in the middle of the night, and Enoch came @ him through the bedroom door, then Myers would have my respect.

Quote Originally Posted by Honky Tonk View Post
    "through the truck’s side window, which was down"

Another possible solution? Unless Myers drives around with a cocked pistol in one hand, something is odd, or I'm just not getting the full story. If Myers was asleep in the middle of the night, and Enoch came @ him through the bedroom door, then Myers would have my respect.
    As a general rule, I side with victims -- not aggressors.

I also do wonder why the press hasn't addressed why he was unable to handle with less force. But I don't like to judge victims of crime -- its not an easy position to be in.

I would agree that firing a weapon should be avoided if at all possible. Driving away with a crazed man hanging from your window might also be dangerous to others. So maybe this was the path of least possible danger to others -- with the clear exception of the attacker.

Isn't speculation fun?

Default Ditto.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    I always understood that it was the same as a Yellow light if blinking and a Red light if steady.

But it doesn't really matter. You don't walk up to a car and attack the driver.
    We have that same issue here in the Bay Area via San Francisco. Bikers here run stop signs and sometimes car drivers will make illegal turns around bike riders. But most of the time the bike riders here are way out of line. It got so bad here, they ran a news report on this. One particular incident showed a bike rider having an argument with a car driver. If I recall, the car driver tossed some paper at him and shortly after the light turned green, the biker took his lock, threw it at the driver's window while passing him or her and shattered the window. The bikers here annoy the shit out of me.

And you're correct, you don't walk up to a car and attack the driver.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6