Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Lorax Guest

Who said he's given up?

Why, you're throwing him under the bus, too? Must be diesel.

Quote: "Science has opened our eyes"

It has? How do you explain the drought of the 30's that turned the west into a dustbowl? How does that fit in with Global Warming? It's called weather patterns, the earth is an ever-changing environment, as anybody that has lived in it for over 20 years can tell you.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Sstashmoo View Post
    Quote: "Science has opened our eyes"

It has? How do you explain the drought of the 30's that turned the west into a dustbowl? How does that fit in with Global Warming? It's called weather patterns, the earth is an ever-changing environment, as anybody that has lived in it for over 20 years can tell you.
    "How do you explain the drought of the 30's that turned the west into a dustbowl?"

Here's how: It's called global warming and climate change.

What makes you think it's just some new fad that everyone's jumped on the wagon for?

It's been happening ever since the dawn of the industrial revolution.

Then again, that would involve reading, and a modicum of historical knowledge for you to retain, so, it probably wasn't on your radar.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorax View Post
    Glacier National Park will have no glacier a year from now.
    1 Year? No Glaciers? Please provide your source.

And no, Batts, they don't "come and go" those glaciers have been there for millenia, and aren't suppose to disappear in 30 years. Check out the Alps, and the Andes as well.

Science has opened our eyes while those who cling to religious claptrap and fascist ideology are really the "Lost Boys."
    Don't give up. If I were you, I'd still show my credentials and scientific research to the religious zealots and fascists at the National Park Service and explain to them why they are wrong. I mean Gore only has degrees in Government and Journalism and he invented the internet and knew more about climate change than the scientists, geologists, and meteorologists.

Glaciers Past and Present

The glaciers in Glacier National Park today are all geologically new having formed in the last few thousand years. Presently, all the glaciers in the park are shrinking. More snow melts each summer than accumulates each winter. As the climate changed over the last two million years, glaciers formed and melted away several times. What will happen to today's glaciers if the climate becomes colder, wetter, or warmer?

Geologists theorize that about 20,000 years ago the climate became cooler and/or wetter. This allowed for the formation of huge glaciers that filled the valleys with thousands of feet of ice. Imagine the valleys of Glacier National Park filled with ice, and just the tops of the highest peaks sticking out. These giant rivers of ice sculpted the mountains and valleys into their present appearance. Today's glaciers are carving at the mountains as well. Although smaller, they work in the same way as the larger glaciers of the past, and teach us about Glacier National Park's geologic history.

http://www.nps.gov/archive/glac/resources/geology.htm

Major in law and politics and spend you days building cars or working at Walmart and I bet you could prove all five mass extinctions of the planet were really caused by fascists who traveled back in time with the religious zealots that were trying to destroy pre-history so archeologists couldn't disprove Genesis.

http://www.space.com/scienceastronom...ar_000907.html

Lorax Guest

How convenient to pull up sites and figures that dovetail with the leanings of the fascist right.

If you believe even one statistic put out by the Bush white house, then your years of "education" were a waste.

Read this and you'll understand the truth.

http://digg.com/politics/George_Bush...7317#c21567317

Or perhaps this:
    http://digg.com/politics/George_Bush...7317#c21567317

Or perhaps even this:
    http://www.bing.com/search?q=george+...st=1&FORM=PERE

Your denial of what years of research has proven as fact is breathtaking.

You can hide behind any statistics generated by fascists, right wing apologists and the like, it doesn't prove anything other than your inability to see what is standing before you.

That is a problem indemic with the Rethugnican Reich, and you apparently are no different.

Just admit it, your president Tush believed the earth was only 6000 years old [[per the bible), and that the fossil record was placed on earth by the devil to confuse man.

This is the idiocy of a science denying, socially retarded president, who, through his policies sought to, and in many cases successfully destroyed our possiblity at reversing these changes over time.

His moment in office was critical, he dropped the ball, and now there is every evidence that many species will be lost, glaciers gone forever, simply due to a fundamental lack of interest in recoginzing what is happening to our planet.

Global warming/climate change is real, it's here, and due to the Rethugnican's love of big polluters, we find ourselves behind the rest of the world in addressing this.
    Last edited by Lorax; June-30-09 at 01:41 PM.

mjs, how dare you cite facts from the National Park Service and scientific web sites. Don't you know that the truth is in Rolling Stone and on blogs?

Lorax, there was an election and the Democrats won! I thought you would be excited to learn that the National Park Service has been under the direction of President Obama for some time now. Did the Park Service say something different under the last Democratic administration when Al Gore was VP?

I'd ask you to cite it, but I see your still busy looking for the source that proves they'll be no glaciers next year. Hey, what do you say we put a clause in the cap and trade that it goes away if there's still a glacier in glacier national park one year from today?
    Last edited by mjs; June-30-09 at 04:19 PM.

ccbatson Guest

Lorax...you are a profound victim of liberal brainwashing, but here is a suggestion that will allow you to deprogram yourself...eliminate the "education" you have been programmed with temporarily, evaluate the basic principles of reality as you observe them around you [[ie, the sun rises in the morning and sets in the evening), for items that end up in controversy, stick to the basics and analyse reality to develop a case for one side or the other in said debate...the conclusion that you arrive at will be the correct one.

Example; manmade global warming. Are temperatures steadily or unusually rising? Look back at historical data and patterns compared to today, are there previous peaks and troughs of similar magnitude and duration...if the answers are that, a) recent trends are towards cooling, not warming, and b) fluctuations far in access of what we have seen in the last 100 years are common. From this alone, there is no need to go further in the debate. However, if you would like, the next case to evaluate is can a cause and effect relationship be established between any manmade behavior and temperature be confirmed [[not correlation/coincidence, but causality). The answer is no, it can't be established. So, once again, debate is over....but you can go on, and on, and on to debunk Al Gore's myth.

BTW, just heard that Polar Bear populations are at a 50 year high....oops, Al Gore loses another argument.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    We request DATA we request actual published, preferably peer-reviewed DATA.
    Thank you Lorax for clearing up my understanding. When I think peer review, I think of experts who have spent years being educated in the field and spent decades analyzing data. What you mean by peer review is that your peers like pzea and slimsam have thoroughly dicussed it. Its all makes sense now.

ccbatson Guest

Lorax....I have a reading list that you should seriously consider going through to get on top of these issues, you are very very confused.

Lorax Guest

Stop with the pile-on, guys, your "source" though a government site, was from 2005, and as I recall, it was the Bushies in charge then. You're free to believe the statistics of a discredited administration, and stoolies put into cabinet positions if you like, that is your choice.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by mjs View Post
    Thank you Lorax for clearing up my understanding. When I think peer review, I think of experts who have spent years being educated in the field and spent decades analyzing data. What you mean by peer review is that your peers like pzea and slimsam have thoroughly dicussed it. Its all makes sense now.
    Problem with your metric is that your idea of "peer review" has to do with right wing cronies speaking from cabinet positions, department heads from the Bush Regime, and "scientists" who have been bought off by the Reich to do the political bidding of the Bushies.

ANY statement, statistic, or assertion by ANY official from the Bush Administration should be suspect at best.

Perhaps you should take a line from your idol, Ronald Reagan, and learn to "trust, but verify."

And any verification of so-called "facts" by the Bushies won't hold water, they may carry water, but certainly won't hold it!

[quote=ccbatson;39456] if you would like, the next case to evaluate is can a cause and effect relationship be established between any manmade behavior and temperature be confirmed [[not correlation/coincidence, but causality). The answer is no, it can't be established. So, once again, debate is over....but you can go on, and on, and on to debunk Al Gore's myth.[quote]

Evidently, when it suits you, it is OK to equate correlation with coincidence. Causality is inferred in the vast majority of science. It is inferred other causes are either ruled out or are deemed less likely/significantand the strength of a correlation is high. that is exactly the case as presented in the literally hundreds of articles in the bibliographt I posted in the old board. That, Bats, is how science works. It is also probably the same reason you have no peer-reviewed publications

[quote]BTW, just heard that Polar Bear populations are at a 50 year high....oops, Al Gore loses another argument. [quote]

Guess what? there is ZERO data about the polar bear populations from the 50s and 60s. Zero, Nada, Zip, Zilch. It was also an era with no limits on polar bear hunting, trapping, etc, an era which ended with the 1970s International Agreement on Polar Bears. What happens when people stop mass cullings of animals? their populations rebound
    Last edited by rb336; July-01-09 at 10:22 AM.

ccbatson Guest

Are you OK Rb? You read that 180 degrees wrong.

I will have to get the source for the polar bear data to prove you wrong on that one [[again, and as usual), stay tuned.

Lorax Guest

Not that this is payday for the BCF, but there is just so much great stuff out there, I felt reviving this thread was appropriate:

http://www.communitycurrency.org/BushCrimeFamily.html

While the history is great, it's the last few paragraphs on GW that are particularly illuminating.

ccbatson Guest

Check the premise as you will find it very much in error. There is profit rightfully to be made in the unfortunate but necessary event of war, it doesn't work the other way around.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    Check the premise as you will find it very much in error. There is profit rightfully to be made in the unfortunate but necessary event of war, it doesn't work the other way around.
    War will never again be "necessary" since the Atomic bomb.

Profit on war is illegal by statute in the US, and Prescott Bush was on the receiving end of that profit, and of the consequences under Harry Truman.

George Tush allowed war profiteering under his regime, and a Rethuglican majority congress allowed it for 8 years. The politically compromosed Justice Department was also complicit, that's why Alberto Gonzales is so well liked today.

ccbatson Guest

OMG Lorax...that is the most ignorant thing I have ever read.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by ccbatson View Post
    OMG Lorax...that is the most ignorant thing I have ever read.

I can top that, actually- just re-read every post you've entered since you started posting here, Sparky.

thatguy123 Guest

I can top that, actually- just re-read every post you've entered since you started posting here, Sparky.
    Wow, does this guy always post like this here? I have read some of his posts and I think it is extremely funny [[and hypocritical) that he bashes every single conservative person and idea and speaks like his word is absolute truth and is THE only way to do things.

Every post he makes involves "funny" [[notice the quotes they mean it is sarcastic) name calling and outright attacks towards anyone who has any type of conservative view. The hypocritical part comes in because he is very obviously an extreme left winger who is bashing others without prejudice for anything they say even starting to lean right wing. [[see his wonderful "astroturfing" thread where he attacks someone who outright says they are not against him for some of that extremely funny yet sad at the same time fun)

Does this guy do any type of stand up comedy shows? There is no way this guy would ever be taken seriously in any type of real political arena.

Lorax Guest

Quote Originally Posted by thatguy123 View Post
    Wow, does this guy always post like this here? I have read some of his posts and I think it is extremely funny [[and hypocritical) that he bashes every single conservative person and idea and speaks like his word is absolute truth and is THE only way to do things.

Every post he makes involves "funny" [[notice the quotes they mean it is sarcastic) name calling and outright attacks towards anyone who has any type of conservative view. The hypocritical part comes in because he is very obviously an extreme left winger who is bashing others without prejudice for anything they say even starting to lean right wing. [[see his wonderful "astroturfing" thread where he attacks someone who outright says they are not against him for some of that extremely funny yet sad at the same time fun)

Does this guy do any type of stand up comedy shows? There is no way this guy would ever be taken seriously in any type of real political arena.
    Well, Lorax the Clown has decided you're worthy of a response.

Once you've read all the posts, Newbie, and my responses, I'd reserve judgement if I were you.

My experience in dealing with Rethuglicans has never gone well, since anything they've proposed has been so completely partisan, and the lies put forth constant, you can only respond in kind, since they don't understand any other way.

The Astroturfing, the Teagaggers, etc, are so hilariously retarded in their obvious pander to the interests of their corporate masters, that only ridicule puts it in it's proper perspective.

As an example, 12% of North Carolina Rethuglicans when asked if Hawaii was part of the United States responded "No", or "don't know". This was in response to the "Birther" freaks who really believe Obama wasn't born in the US. Sidesplitting good fun, really!

It may horrify you to know I often advise Democratic fundraisers and party types here in Florida, who were successful in getting Ron Klein and Debbie Wasserman Schultz elected last time around. So don't assume my rhetoric falls on deaf ears.

Glad I can be entertaining as well as informative. Cheers!

Lorax Guest

Yet another drip, drip, from the Rethuglican Street Gangs, read this and hope for indictments:

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/...s/6569287.html

ccbatson Guest

For what? An advisor advising a President on a matter that is completely within his rights as the chief executive?

Lorax Guest

Who right was it to politicize the Justice Department? Does Karl Rove have a duty to his president to provide advice that is constitutional?

Using the office to witch hunt Republican judges who weren't towing the party line of ginning up lies about Democrats is illegal. Especially after stating otherwise before Congress- it's called perjury, and obstructing a congressional investigation. 10 years max in the federal pen. No big deal, he'll just need to bring his soap on a rope.

Lorax Guest

Drip, drip, drip. More of the frauds and felonies of the Bush Crime Family put on display for all the world to see.

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/32396077...new_york_times

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast