Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

You don't actually think it's just Black "preachers" that spend money lavishly, do you?

Did I say that anywhere???

It is however true that a rich look is very important for Black preachers. If they have the look they get the congregations. My theory is that KK is dressing the way that some church lady in that jury pool will approve of as ministerial and redeemed- even if she doesn't realize it.

Umm, er-uh "Church ladies" are all that dumb huh? Well this one is not!----!

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    My theory is that KK is dressing the way that some church lady in that jury pool will approve of as ministerial and redeemed- even if she doesn't realize it.
    Last edited by Zacha341; August-22-12 at 02:32 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by noise View Post
    If he's not by any means a gaudy dresser, why is he photographed wearing such a gaudy suit?
    Whatever DUDE. Someone wears a nice custom made suit, and they are considered gaudy. Not really into the bow tie but ok. I guess it doesn't compare to the plaid shirts and wranglers that you probably wear.

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Whatever DUDE. Someone wears a nice custom made suit, and they are considered gaudy. Not really into the bow tie but ok. I guess it doesn't compare to the plaid shirts and wranglers that you probably wear.
    As I said earlier, DUDE, I'm a fan of a nice bespoke suit. I'm not a fan of a gaudy bespoke suit. This shouldn't be too difficult to comprehend.

It's not the flashy suits, it's the idea that he's flaunting his "wealth" in the faces of the people he stole from. He doesn't seem to be the least bit concerned about how the people of the City of Detroit, the very people he raped and pillaged from, looks at him.
    Where he gets the cash for these custom made suits is a valid question. He doesn't work, his wife doesn't work, they live in a mansion thousands of miles away, they drive nice cars...who is paying for all of this? We all know that the taxpayers are paying for his defense, AND the prosecution...we all know that he has money stashed somewhere...and he's laughing at everyone and he knows that he will be able to get one juror to say "I'm not sending a brother to prison" .
    I certainly hope that the prospective jurors all realize that KK is a thief, an extortionist, and an adulterer and put him away for a long, long time.

You don't actually think it's just Black "preachers" that spend money lavishly, do you?

It is however true that a rich look is very important for Black preachers. If they have the look they get the congregations. My theory is that KK is dressing the way that some church lady in that jury pool will approve of as ministerial and redeemed- even if she doesn't realize it.
    I asked the question, SWMAP, I didn't say you said it. You do however seem to be very comfortable painting Black preachers and black church goers with the same brush. "A rich look is very important for Black preachers. If they have the look they get the congregations." Really? Not in the churches I have attended all of my life. And for myself and the other Black people I know at my church, we didn't pick our church based on how rich the preacher looked.

Thanks for schooling me on the Black church, though. I have only been attending Black churches all my life so maybe you know more about them than I do.

superduperman Guest

Actually,black preachers who dress like that are in the minority.

As I said earlier, DUDE, I'm a fan of a nice bespoke suit. I'm not a fan of a gaudy bespoke suit. This shouldn't be too difficult to comprehend.
    Clarify "bespoke" in layman's terms please. That's a new one to me.

Hand-crafted for an individual by a skilled tailor using hand-selected material. Not off the rack. Pretty much used only for suits [[afaik).
    It would suggest that he paid more then $49. [[or $490). Given KK's size, it might be $4,900 or more.

He's got us figured out more than we have him figured out. He may be a sociopath. He's certainly politically and socially brilliant.

Me too. Wikipedia's article on "bespoke"

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Hand-crafted for an individual by a skilled tailor using hand-selected material. Not off the rack. Pretty much used only for suits [[afaik).
    It would suggest that he paid more then $49. [[or $490). Given KK's size, it might be $4,900 or more.

He's got us figured out more than we have him figured out. He may be a sociopath. He's certainly politically and socially brilliant.
    Just to be a voice of reason...Kwame's suits may not be as expensive as they look. I personally have several suits fancier than that and they are all tailored specifically to my body, and I did not pay $4,900 to have them "bespoked". I buy my suits and they are remade by my relative. My church is full of tailors and seamstress, there is even a woman who makes custom church hats and custom draperies...and it costs nowhere near the price that spectators believe. Everything that shines ain't gold, you just gotta know where to shop. My suits do not come from the Men's Warehouse, or any other big box store. I shop at Mom and Pop shops and pay a fraction of the cost, and get colors besides black and navy blue...lol

What is Kwame's height and weight? Is he built in the upper body from working out or just big, that is, overweight?

^^^ I'm guessing he 6-three or so. Big man, big and tall size. But also a bit over-weight, though he seems to be loosing.

Well stated. Good points for certain! Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by De'troiter View Post
    My church is full of tailors and seamstress, there is even a woman who makes custom church hats and custom draperies...and it costs nowhere near the price that spectators believe. Everything that shines ain't gold, you just gotta know where to shop. My suits do not come from the Men's Warehouse, or any other big box store. I shop at Mom and Pop shops and pay a fraction of the cost, and get colors besides black and navy blue...lol

Quote Originally Posted by De'troiter View Post
    Just to be a voice of reason...Kwame's suits may not be as expensive as they look. I personally have several suits fancier than that and they are all tailored specifically to my body, and I did not pay $4,900 to have them "bespoked". I buy my suits and they are remade by my relative. My church is full of tailors and seamstress, there is even a woman who makes custom church hats and custom draperies...and it costs nowhere near the price that spectators believe. Everything that shines ain't gold, you just gotta know where to shop. My suits do not come from the Men's Warehouse, or any other big box store. I shop at Mom and Pop shops and pay a fraction of the cost, and get colors besides black and navy blue...lol
    We're not talking about tailoring as much as hand-making the suit from scratch. That said, I know a number of people who have tailors outside of the country that make their suits from hand for really affordable prices.

This has been answered, but I apologize for being so cavalier with the word. I realize it's not so common. As embarrassing as this may be, I sometimes read through some men's fashion forums/blogs in addition to Detroit Yes...

I'm not interested in men, but I must say, he's a sharp looking dude.

I also agree that orange is a much better color for him.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    Do we know who made the custom suit for KK?
    Ringling Brothers

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    Ringling Brothers
    HAHA: His orange canvas jumpsuit wiil be made by OMAR the tent maker!

This has been answered, but I apologize for being so cavalier with the word. I realize it's not so common. As embarrassing as this may be, I sometimes read through some men's fashion forums/blogs in addition to Detroit Yes...
    Don't apologize for using the perfect word. It isn't common, but it is very clear. Bespoke has a specific meaning. It goes beyond custom tailored.

So back to the thread, is KK wearing a bespoke suit? Back in the day, I'll bet it was. Today, I think he's wise enough avoid going that far. But being a large man, a very, very good tailored suit is appropriate for court. No lawyer will raise the issue. It was probably purchased for him. No one will raise the issue of his being well dressed for court. Its appropriate behavior.

When I was a child in catholic school the nuns told us to immediately look up an unfamiliar word in the dictionary so as to increase our vocabulary and become better speakers and readers.

Bespoke is also commonly used to describe cabinetry built specifically for a space. I mostly see it used for menswear and and fittings.

Name:  urk.jpg
Views: 1150
Size:  10.6 KB

But ladies and gentlemen of the jury, did I do that?

WOW. You guys and gals are pathetic.

Quote Originally Posted by 48091 View Post
    I'm not interested in men, but I must say, he's a sharp looking dude.

I also agree that orange is a much better color for him.
    Stop it, will ya.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast