Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I've got a 1994 Suburban for sale.

The Suburbans turned into the Cutlass Supremes of the late 90's and 2000's. The most popular car you could get, as big as an Escalador, only without the price-tag, new or used, and destined to be stolen.

I feel your pain CC, I've had thousands lifted from my locked vehicle in the Home Depot parking lot, and went on the same rant at this very same website. It sucks.

Who the hell would want a '94 Suburban? Is this an The Onion news at work or what?

^^^^ Are you kidding? Sure there are newer cars on the radar for car thieves but any thing moving is subject to be stolen. I had a 93 sedan last year that I kept an alarm, kill switch and club on up thru the last day I drove it.

I'm not having any car of mine stolen, old or new! Well at least not easily. They're gonna have to work to take what is mine.

Default Found it!

Name:  2012-08-24_13-17-40_338.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  34.1 KB

Thanks to all! I got a phone call from a man today saying that my truck was parked in front of his house, in Chicago/Evergreen area since Tuesday & his landlord wanted it moved. I told him it had been stolen & I would be right over. When I got there & Police arrived, I found that they had stolen the engine! Rest of truck intact, still has transmission, transfer case, wheels, seats, glass, etc.! Of course they took anything of value from inside as well. I guess that's the price I pay for having an older truck that runs great! No telling how long they been looking at it? I have cameras, alarm, dog, lights & they still got it? Whoever did it was no amateur, they knew how to get it, took motor out in less than 4 hrs [[stolen 4:14 am, he first saw it in front of his house about 8:00 am) & even punched a hole in gas tank & stole the gas!

Wow... that engine was lifted out by folks who knew exactly what they wanted. Dangy took the gas out too. Yeah we see what we we're working with there -- the 'snatch' crew for certain.

Quote Originally Posted by carlscomputers View Post
    Name:  2012-08-24_13-17-40_338.jpg
Views: 535
Size:  34.1 KBI guess that's the price I pay for having an older truck that runs great! No telling how long they been looking at it? I have cameras, alarm, dog, lights & they still got it? Whoever did it was no amateur, they knew how to get it, took motor out in less than 4 hrs [[stolen 4:14 am, he first saw it in front of his house about 8:00 am) & even punched a hole in gas tank & stole the gas!

Quote Originally Posted by Al Publican View Post
    Who the hell would want a '94 Suburban? Is this an The Onion news at work or what?

My neighbor in a suburb of Montreal had a brand new Suburban stolen at a shopping mall sometime in the mid nineties. He had it replaced by an identical one which was stolen two weeks later. The market for stolen cars here was driven by buyers in the middle east; Lebanon and Syria, and the old soviet republicas and Russia. Folks out there would easily pay more than you would here on the black market for certain cars and SUV's. The chop shops would sell them whole by packing two cars per container on a slant. The Irish mob rules the old Bickerdike Pier in the Port of Montreal and they transit them through container ships abroad. I guess one of these guys overseas needed a '94 engine!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2