Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by detroitsgwenivere View Post
    I've read this thread like 5 times and I still have yet to find anyone posting anti- Jewish anything. I think some of you are waving around a red herring to distract from the issue being discussed.
    The conflating of "West Bloomfield residents" with "the Jews" is, in itself, strong evidence of bias. Why wasn't it "the blacks", "the Catholics" or "the Chaldeans"?

West Bloomfield, while I would never live there [[kinda ugly, IMO, and neighboring affluent communities have better schools) is probably one of the least biased communities in Southeast Michigan.

WB is ultra-diverse. Big Jewish population, of course [[though nowhere near the majority, and certainly not heavily Orthodox; this isn't Brooklyn), big Chaldean population, sizable Muslim Arab population, and very fast growing Asian and African American populations.

WB High is something like 30% black, 20% Asian, and 20% Middle Eastern. The township itself is a Democratic stronghold, so I doubt too many folks are followers of this Conservative Thomas Moore Law Center.

If there is a reason opponents of the proposed Islamic center are so eager to pounce on a perceived bias against Jews, it is because the accusation of anti-Semitism is one of the most damning charges anybody can make in America.

For this reason, it is increasingly used to tar and feather anybody with an inconvenient opinion you'd like to silence.

Can we get back to the matter at hand of how a bunch of self-described Christian warriors are fomenting bigotry over what is essentially a nonissue?

Another example of how worthless organized religion is. Personally I'd be opposed to any organized religious center opening anywhere as I feel they are dangerous brainwashing institutions.

Then again, as long as they don't bother me and laws aren't passed to suit their beliefs, I could care less what they do or what they believe.

http://www.clickondetroit.com/news/L...5/-/index.html

Notice the group putting up the fight??!!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2