Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Crumbled_pavement View Post
    You make some very good points and I'm very intrigued by your post. I'd like to ask you then why do these suburban business leaders still kiss up to Kilpatrick even though he is now out of office and they can deal with Bing now? It is a suburban business leader who gave Kilpatrick the job he has now, moved him to a posh suburban home in the Dallas area, and he is still getting his legal bills paid by these same interests. Notice how Detroiters are portrayed as uneducated in their rabid support of Kilpatrick, but the poor suburban business leaders had they little biddy hands tied behind their backs and forced to go along. Ahhh, poor things.

Btw, my post is in no way is an indictment of business leaders or suburbanites. We're all people and the vast majority of people in most every group are good people. The point is we're always looking to tear down someone else instead of working together to build up the whole.

Also everybody, Ficano is still in office currently screwing up the county of Wayne through his corruption and shady dealings. Why not any topics discussing the need to get rid of him? Kwame as horrible as he is, and he was and is horrible, is OUT OF OFFICE!
    My feeling is that Kwame must have some pretty juicy dirt on certain individuals. I see no other reason he's been getting all of this help once he was ousted. This is either going to get real interesting or a backroom deal will be made to keep his mouth shut.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandman View Post
    My feeling is that Kwame must have some pretty juicy dirt on certain individuals. I see no other reason he's been getting all of this help once he was ousted. This is either going to get real interesting or a backroom deal will be made to keep his mouth shut.
    Awww, but if he has dirt on these people then the johns are as filthy and slimy as the prostitute. Again, let's move past worrying about the people who still love Kwame and worry about moving the city forward. Kwame is out of office but Ficano is still running Wayne county into the ground.

Re the businessman who gave Kilpatrick a job, moved him to Dallas, etc: I am told that those were the demands he put up to the people who were begging him to resign. As for Karmanos giving him a job: I agree that was so cynical: KK demanded a good job and Karmanos saw that Carolyn was on the House committee that would be doing a lot of health care legislation and grants. So he could kill two birds with one stone: give KK a job and get his patientedical care information software[[ a priority for Obama) in the front row seat.
    But KK really let him down. I don't think KK ever intended to work. He has a lot of money somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Schoolcraft View Post

Let's be honest, the man has been waaay over-villified in the media and becuase he fought back the media pounded him more... swelling the hate of the burbs and many Detroiters to a point beyond all reasonability.

To answer the thread's question though: Detroiters still love Kwame because he is one of them. He grew up here, made something of himself and represented a winner who had made it from the city that supposedly doesn't make winners. He always defended the city no matter what and always sided with the people of the city. He was comfortable in the boardroom or at the club and he felt like somebody you could have a beer with.
    This is my feeling on why Kwame still gets so much love.

The sketchy way the media portrays him produces a backlash and defensive reaction. Just contrast him with Ficano. Ficano looks just as dirty, and is called as such.

But there's a genuine hatred when people speak of Kwame and it's so blatant. Thug KK. Kwhyme. Yall's Boy. The diamond earring. The way he dresses. Detroiters/black folk are really not as stupid and oblivious as people like to believe. They pick up on that slick shit and get defensive.

Plus he's not grovelling. America can't stand unrepentant black men and that further fuels the hatred.

Personally the Feds have the cards stacked unfairly in their favor anyway when it comes to prosecution in general and he's likely going to prison. Does it really matter if a few people don't view him as the worst criminal this city/country has ever birthed?

Quote Originally Posted by brizee View Post

But there's a genuine hatred when people speak of Kwame and it's so blatant. Thug KK. Kwhyme. Yall's Boy. The diamond earring. The way he dresses. Detroiters/black folk are really not as stupid and oblivious as people like to believe. They pick up on that slick shit and get defensive.

Plus he's not grovelling. America can't stand unrepentant black men and that further fuels the hatred.
    Agreed.

However, the Feds necessarily haven't been batting a thousand on these cases lately. Roger Clemons, Ferguson... Kwame may not have to go to prison this time. Does that mean he didn't do anything? Of course not. But if this guy is so blatantly evil, then it should be a slam dunk for the prosecution shouldn't it? We'll see I guess.

But I can't take it when I run into these folks on the street claiming Kwame single-handedly ruined Detroit by stealing all their tax money into a deficit... as their house goes into foreclosure from not paying taxes, as they throw a bag of McDonalds out the window of their car, park on their front lawn and curse like a sailor at their young children. The media wants people to believe that their favorite black mayors [[Young, Kilpatrick) are the reason this city has hit rock bottom and I don't follow that BS. The people of this city need to step up and make it better themselves.

Keep in mind that a lot of his "supporters" are directly related to him or went to school with him. Like a banana republic dictator, his nepotism spread far and wide. Not to mention he seemed to have a huge fucking family, who virtually all appeared to be varying degrees of scum.

I think for most Detroiters it is a painful chapter we would like to have behind us. It is not unlike the national nightmare with Nixon. The vast majority of people just want it to go away.

Kwame could easily be the most corrupt politician in our state's history. However I do like to point out that Metro Detroit as a whole has a history of electing and re-electing assholes and/or the mentally deficient. Thad McCotter turned out to be a total freakshow, L Brooks is still in office, Janice Daniels seems to find fighting gay people an important civic matter for some reason, I'm not sure what Jim Fouts is, and John Conyers and John Dingell have been clinically dead for decades. Just to name a few.

^^^ Yes, and Ficano is not looking to great lately either...

The Kilpatrick public discussion with the Detroit NABJ is on the 16th.. likely not televised, though there may be some limited taped footage and radio excerpts..

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    The Kilpatrick public discussion with the Detroit NABJ is on the 16th.. likely not televised, though there may be some limited taped footage and radio excerpts..
    Should be an interesting interview, I hope Vicki Thomas is as direct as possible and doesnt let KK run the show. I assume quite a bit will be aired on WWJ. The timing is perfect for KK to wheel and deal.

What would KING KWAME be like in the federal prison suit with army numbers in the back.
    Last edited by Danny; August-13-12 at 06:05 PM.

The grand jury selection program on the Kilpatrick case will based in race, interpretation of actions of Kilpatrick and his goon mafia; finding the missing link between their crimes and to the violation of federal laws and those intepretions on their actions on several sides of the stories between federal goverment dollars[[and its use) to Kilpatrick, his goon mafia to the crime that would find the missing link to who violated federal laws.

So get ready for this kangaroo court folks. Things will be hoping along before the federal judge.

I doubt very serious that an impartial jury can be found in the city of Detroit .
    It's been said before on this site , If Mr Kilpartick were able to run for mayor there are many in this city that would line up and vote him[[sad).

It is true that a person in innocence until proved guilty, and every person deserves their day in court ,but I find it sad that in the city of Detroit it will be nearly impossible to find 12 people that can be impartial .
    Mr Kilpatrick is fully aware that he will have at least 1 person out of 12 that will "have his back "
    As an ex lawyer mr Kilpatrick is fully aware of this , and knows how to slow the wheels of justice .
    He has continually thumb his nose up to the city of Detroit and it's people.
    He drags his feet on paying back the city, says he's broke? typical of a person with his ego .
    Mr kilpatrick knows how to "grease the wheels of justice"
    Where is the justice for the citizens of Detroit ?
    This circus is just another black eye for the city and it's people.
    Why waste tax payers money, just let him stay in Texas .
    The further he is away from Detroit the better ! This is just another sad period in Detroits history.
    Sad in Detroit [[SID)
    Last edited by Detroitdave; August-14-12 at 05:14 PM. Reason: edit

superduperman Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Danny View Post
    What would KING KWAME be like in the federal prison suit with army numbers in the back.
    Sorry to disappoint you. Its not a suit, its a khaki colored shirt and pants and it doesn't have numbers on the back. You get a plastic id card with your name, number and picture on it that you carry in your pocket.

Looks like KING KWAME don't like one of his lawyers, but the federal court judge to him. " You got him and keep him! You're going to cooperate with him and your legal team."

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3