Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    Justification always works best ,welcome to Detroit feel free to scrap,burn,tag,trespass and salvage any building that in your opinion will never be rebuilt it is okay as long as it is creative,just do not do any of the above to my house or car because that would be different.

Under no means please do not patronize our already established local business as they are owned by rich people who probably do not employ or contribute to the local economy anyways,but on the off chance that you are one of those who wish to visit the city and choose to partake in skateboarding activity I am providing a list of sanctioned skateboard parks for your convenience,helmet required.

Best Skate Parks In Metro Detroit

Looking for a place to skate without getting hassled by the police or property owners? Maybe you’re a parent searching for a safe place for your kids to skate or rollerblade. Scope out our list of the best skate parks in the Metro Detroit area. Get full details on the rates by checking the websites. Some of the pay to skate places offer membership discounts. Oh yeah! One more thing … don’t forget your helmet!

http://detroit.cbslocal.com/top-list...metro-detroit/
    Oh my, I always find it humorous how worked up some people get on internet messageboards and the tangents they will go on..

Some kids are riding around on pieces of wood with wheels attached on some piles of garbage. Scrapping? Tagging? Patronizing businesses and thus affecting the local economy? .HA HA HA I'm just messing around Richard. I don't know you and only found your posts amusing, so I hope you don't take offense. You are correct though, they are clearly trespassing, but other than being a little reckless in regard to their own well being these particular individuals do not appear to have any malicious intent or effect nor have any connection to those other crimes and actions described..

I visited the Packard once while in town for a business trip. It was quite remarkable and I was awestruck in its presence. Even ran into another person admiring the building that happened to be an architect from Sweden. My partner accompanying me was much less enthused however and just saw it as a boring pile of rubble. I am back in town at the moment and was considering taking a second gander, but this thread has convinced me otherwise..

-Maxwell

P.S. Wear your helmets!

I have no problem with this. But you know the moment one of these kids gets hurt the families will file a million dollar lawsuit, and the improvised skatepark will be dismantled soon after. So really, what's the point building it?

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    I have no problem with this. But you know the moment one of these kids gets hurt the families will file a million dollar lawsuit, and the improvised skatepark will be dismantled soon after. So really, what's the point building it?
    Well, the universe is expanding, and, naturally, the laws of entropy dictate that everything we create will fall apart and then won't exist, perhaps scattered into atoms light years apart! What's the point of doing anything!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3Pa34orcwwA

Quote Originally Posted by detroiteratheart1977 View Post
    Oh my, I always find it humorous how worked up some people get on internet messageboards and the tangents they will go on..

Some kids are riding around on pieces of wood with wheels attached on some piles of garbage. Scrapping? Tagging? Patronizing businesses and thus affecting the local economy? .HA HA HA I'm just messing around Richard. I don't know you and only found your posts amusing, so I hope you don't take offense. You are correct though, they are clearly trespassing, but other than being a little reckless in regard to their own well being these particular individuals do not appear to have any malicious intent or effect nor have any connection to those other crimes and actions described..

I visited the Packard once while in town for a business trip. It was quite remarkable and I was awestruck in its presence. Even ran into another person admiring the building that happened to be an architect from Sweden. My partner accompanying me was much less enthused however and just saw it as a boring pile of rubble. I am back in town at the moment and was considering taking a second gander, but this thread has convinced me otherwise..

-Maxwell

P.S. Wear your helmets!
    So where would you draw the line? You cannot speak of lawlessness within the city but yet encourage it within buildings deemed never to be rehabilitated anyway.So it is okay.

so a panel has decided a person has to pay a fine and restore a recently stripped mansion, could not his attorney argue that stripping buildings is an acceptable behavior within the city and is considered okay as long as there is an opinion that it is not cost effective to repair.

How can one condone trespassing but yet expect police to show up if somebody trespasses on their property ? it is no different.

If you are walking down the street and somebody's front door is open it is then okay to enter because it is wide open?

No tangent and no skateboarders were hurt in this post.

Ha, that last line gave me a good chuckle. Nice!.

Those are legitimate questions. I personally do see a BIG difference between taking pictures or skateboarding in an 20+ year abandoned building scheduled to be demolished and walking into someone's home and especially scrapping materials from a building. That is just my opinion though much like you have yours, so I guess we will have to agree to disagree on this issue. I personally do not see it in such a "black and white" manner and feel that associating this with the acts mentioned in your posts is very much stretching it, but I can respect where you are coming from and am willing to bet you are a great citizen and law abiding person. Something we can never have enough of.

Cheers Richard!

-Maxwell

Occurrence Guest

Alright, I got around to reading this Packard skateboarding blog thing and it is horribly written. This would have been a lot more interesting about 10 years ago when the Packard Plant was an amazing place to explore.

On top of the probably hundreds of Packard blog entries, news stories, and exploring documentation online, the place is torn to shreds now and the whole complex has turned into beating a dead horse type of deal. I knew the gig was up when I seen one of those smart cars parked in front on East Grand blvd.

I'm still surprised people still complain about having their cars broken into. That neighborhood around the place is terrible. You should almost expect your car to be broken into when you park in that parking lot announcing to the entire area that someone with shit to steal is wandering around inside the plant.

Occurrence Guest

Also with all the arson this place gets, I wouldn't post photos of a fire you started.....

Skate on. Would be a great place to build a halfpipe.

Wow. This debate reminds me of the time the "Asian lady-bug menace" was added to a city council agenda. Rock on Nero. Keep fiddlin'.

I was there on 7-31-12 with a friend of mine. I had been there numerous time before to take pictures. My friend and I were attacked. Beaten with 2x4s to the head and face, robbed and left for dead. So the allegations of people being beaten are very true. The police are looking into the incidents as there are numerous victims like myself. Please...photographers, artists, and the like....be aware!

Occurrence Guest

I have been there probably hundreds of times and never had anything but friendly encounters. Where exactly where you attacked?

Right off of east grand blvd. there is an empty lot by the pedestrian bridge. Broad daylight with cars passing by. It's a gang of guys attacking people. From what the police have told me is one person is missing a piece of his skull after being brutally beaten the day before my incident. Something bad is going on there right now. I'm urging people to be very careful while down there. I've been down there numerous times and have ran into people all the time as well but this time was bad.

Why anyone would go into that death trap is beyond me! Its only a matter of time when a section falls on those dumb enough to trespass on the property. When it does whoever is injured [[or worse) you deserve what you get and have no right to complain due to your own stupidity! But as usual some lawyer will make a s**t load of cash when it does happen.
    Last edited by p69rrh51; August-12-12 at 09:22 PM.

Occurrence Guest

Quote Originally Posted by Michelle2413 View Post
    Right off of east grand blvd. there is an empty lot by the pedestrian bridge. Broad daylight with cars passing by. It's a gang of guys attacking people. From what the police have told me is one person is missing a piece of his skull after being brutally beaten the day before my incident. Something bad is going on there right now. I'm urging people to be very careful while down there. I've been down there numerous times and have ran into people all the time as well but this time was bad.
    Did the attack happen inside the plant or outside? How many people were in your group?

Please don't say you were parked in that parking lot off East Grand? I have been telling people for years to not park there. You give yourself away by letting the whole neighborhood know someone with a car and possibly other things to steal is wandering around near by. Lingering around in that area isn't a very good idea.

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    If you are walking down the street and somebody's front door is open it is then okay to enter because it is wide open?
    With the minor caveat that this "House" has been vacant for decades, with no door, and taken up several city blocks.

What I find interesting is the concept of people complaining abut trespassers, yet don't say word one about the responsibility of the building owners to either keep their property in good repair, or tear them down.

As for the laugh of "Suing for millions when somebody gets hurt" is comic gold: Do you think that in a city where people are so poor, they strip buildings for scrap, that they wouldn't have though of that first? If that were the case, the courts would be dealing with this decades to come and our poverty problem would be solved, right? Seriously. Enter these places at your own risk. There is nobody to sue....

Quote Originally Posted by Cinderpath View Post
    With the minor caveat that this "House" has been vacant for decades, with no door, and taken up several city blocks.

What I find interesting is the concept of people complaining abut trespassers, yet don't say word one about the responsibility of the building owners to either keep their property in good repair, or tear them down.

As for the laugh of "Suing for millions when somebody gets hurt" is comic gold: Do you think that in a city where people are so poor, they strip buildings for scrap, that they wouldn't have though of that first? If that were the case, the courts would be dealing with this decades to come and our poverty problem would be solved, right? Seriously. Enter these places at your own risk. There is nobody to sue....
    Funny thing there is a seudo owner and of course the biggest giver away of money the city and the victim NEVER makes a dime but slimeballs like Fieger do and there are thousands of those. Plus the only ones who enter the property are the ones who can afford a lawyer. The smart ones are the poor who do know to stay out!!

Those skaters better watch out; I heard there's some theme park zombies in there that want to eat their brains!

Quote Originally Posted by Occurrence View Post
    Hipsters are bad enough, but now skateboarders? People still skateboard?
    Ok please explain what is wrong with hipsters, please do. I cannot wait to hear the end of this.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2