Hello all!

First, thanks for having me. I've discovered that this forum is a giant time-suck as I get drawn in to all of the brilliant information and stories you all have. I've managed to blow through an entire morning of "research" as a result! I grew up in the Thumb with parents that were very hesitant to go to "the city" [[Bay City and Saginaw) let alone Detroit. I moved to the area after I finished my undergrad, and eight years on I'm still here. Since then, I've fallen in love with the city, and when I look around I see so much potential that I'd love to help unlock. Right now my partner and I have a house in Lathrup Village, but I might have finally gotten him on board with moving into the city [[provided of course it's to Indian Village or Arlen Park or somewhere similar).

Anyways, I'm presently doing some work with a non-profit doing some research into the history of Mack Avenue on the Lower East Side [[specifically between Conner and Alter, but anything on the general area will help). Any insights into what was once there generally and specifically would be of immense help. The person I'm working with mentioned that she believes this stretch once was home to several department stores, but that's about all we know for sure. Any stories, photos, documents, any anything would be awesome.

Thanks in advance!