Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Why the heck is this even related to the original topic.
    Really.... but it bears repeating... Lutherans won't be bothering anyone about religion... or passing out flyers to anyone... just here to help tidy up.

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Not part of the official practice either. I went to Catholic Schools for 12 years and we were told that we should question all of that nonsense. There is nothing in the bible or the doctrine that supports this. In fact this goes against the 15 [[CRASH!) ten..... 10 commandments.

Why the heck is this even related to the original topic.
    It is according to every source I've seen, including vatican.va. for example, "Act of Veneration of the Blessed Virgin Mary on the occasion of the Feast of the Immaculate Conception "

why this is related? getting an understanding of who Lutherans are.

All major Lutheran synods engage in outreach programs. This program by the ELCA is simply part of the charitable work that the synods participate in.

With due respect to prior postings, Lutherans are mainline Protestants, we are not 'just like Catholics'. Yes, there are many similarities in our church services. I have taken Catholic friends with me to Lutheran churches and they always know what is going on. When I go to Catholic churches with friends I recognize a great deal of the mass. But theologically and organizationally Lutherans are very distinct from Catholics.

And OMG do we have better music.

35,000 Lutherans Coming To Detroit In 2015!

With all due respect, this sounds like something Garrison Keillor would poke fun at.

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    35,000 Lutherans Coming To Detroit In 2015!

With all due respect, this sounds like something Garrison Keillor would poke fun at.
    Amen to that!
    http://www.holytrinitynewrochelle.org/yourti95941.html

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post

Funny!

Detroit should welcome the lutherans at NA autoshow time and invite Garrison Keillor and the two bros from Car Talk to do a little Detroit Roast.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2