Last autumn we quietly moved our little internet solutions company AtDetroit, LLC, which publishes DetroitYES.com, to the Michigan Building in Downtown Detroit. Our decision was a mix of factors, but at its core was the growing vibrancy and attraction of downtown Detroit as a center of innovation and internet activities.

The thought of working on the very site where Henry Ford created his first automobile and drove it out onto the streets of Detroit and parking our cars every day in the iconic and ironic Michigan-Theater-turned-parking-structure was inspiration enough. Being in the mix of an energetic scene set amid grand and inspiring architecture was the reward.

Credit and thanks for our choosing this location goes first to Michigan Building owner and friend Anthony Pieroni and his very able manager Wendy Grenke. His long stewardship and patience has kept the building viable and well-managed through an extremely friendly and attentive staff led by Wendy and Mr. Pieroni’s son Matt. For anyone looking to locate downtown, I highly recommend this site.

While many past and present deserve credit for this upsurge in downtown Detroit, I have to give a nod to Dan Gilbert whose immense energy and actions have fueled a gathering momentum of information-based businesses, many quiet, tiny and unnoticed like us, being drawn downtown.

So I think it appropriate that we virtually graffiti-up his building banner as a way of saying, ‘We [Nicolas and Lowell Boileau] are here are too’.

Now that we are well settled in and enjoying an excellent view of the Tiger’s scoreboard from our perch overlooking Grand Circus Park, I am curious to know who else works in, has a business, or lives downtown and perhaps in sharing your thoughts as to why. Hopefully we will have an opportunity to meet up some time.