I live on Avery toward the South end of Woodbridge. Around 5am this morning, I thought cops' lights were flashing and peeked out my window to check it out and saw a guy walking off my front porch with a flashlight and saw a dark Ford Fusion [[black, maybe dark maroon or blue) in the street with its lights still on. So I got my weapon ready and flicked my front porch lights to let them know someone was here. The flashlight guy sort of casually stopped on a couple of other porches, shined flashlights, and hopped in the car, which then went to the intersection at the end of the block and chilled for a second with both guys in the car. With the immediacy of the situation somewhat relaxed with neither guy on foot on our street anymore, I went to get my phone and call the WSU cops. Once I got them on the phone, the guys were gone.

So anyway, Googling "flashlights in windows" says it might have been substitute newspapermen looking for addresses. These guys sure weren't discreet about it, especially since they didn't cut out when I flicked our [[pretty bright) porch lights a number of times. But at the same time, it could have been about the worst neighborhood casing job ever [[if so, really? Leaving the car lights on, that illuminate your license plate?).

Anyone deal with something similar? I'm gonna give my neighbors a heads up in any case, but just looking for some feedback here.

Thanks.