Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

I just passed by the city Target soon to open next week. It would be perfect in downtown Detroit. You could combine buildings if you had to

Love how they uncovered and restored the old columns

The store will have 3 major entrances

And here's a small format Wal-mart. They're being met with tons of opposition though. So far they've been in older buildings.

Thewrigleyblog
    Last edited by wolverine; July-23-12 at 10:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by wolverine View Post
    I just passed by the city Target soon to open next week. It would be perfect in downtown Detroit. You could combine buildings if you had to

The store will have 3 major entrances

And here's a small format Wal-mart. They're being met with tons of opposition though. So far they've been in older buildings.

Thewrigleyblog
    I will admit, it would be frickin' sweet to shop in a Target [[or any retail store) like that.

What building is this Target in? You're in Chicago, correct?

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    What building is this Target in? You're in Chicago, correct?
    It's in the historic Sullivan Center. It occupies a portion of the first and second floors, negotiating a very jagged floorplan since they share floorspace with other tenants. It's this complicated adaptation that makes me wonder if they could theoretically combine building floorplates to create a single store in other places.

It's in the historic Sullivan Center. It occupies a portion of the first and second floors, negotiating a very jagged floorplan since they share floorspace with other tenants. It's this complicated adaptation that makes me wonder if they could theoretically combine building floorplates to create a single store in other places.

Sullivan? Jagged Floorplan? Must be Carson's!

Quote Originally Posted by DetroitPlanner View Post
    Sullivan? Jagged Floorplan? Must be Carson's!
    It was and they weren't the best stewards. I believe they were given incentives to vacate the store early to allow for redevelopment.