Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

I'd rather have Zip than Mike.

I use to enjoy listening to Drew and Mike many years ago but they got very stale.
    They can only revamp so much so I won't be listening.
    Mike without Drew was terrible. I think Drew with someone else would be pretty good.

2blocksaway Guest

Coming soon....

Drew and Jamie?

That would be worth listening to.

Mike used to work for Detroit Edison [[I think)
    consumers power or michcon...

Mike as mentioned is a Pilot who holds his instrument, CFI-I, multi-engine and commercial ratings...

he is also an accomplished skydiver...

I've listened to WRIF in the mornings for about 15 years now. My friend Rob turned me onto it when I was only 12. He is several years older than me, and while a lot of the crude humor went over my head, I was immediately a fan. I've listened to them on the school bus, web-streaming at MSU, at work during summer jobs, and finally at work post-college. Yeah, I've pretty much grown up with the guys.

I didn't like Mike right after Drew left. It was obvious he wasn't used to being the front man. However, I feel like they really made the show great again shortly after Drew's departure became official. Most recently, Jamie has made an excellent addition.

I'm very excited to hear Drew's familiar voice again, and hoping it'll immediately be like old times. I will be tuning in to the show just prior to 6:00 on July 13th. That said, I absolutely hope they keep everyone - Jamie, Mike, Mark and Trudi on staff.

Drew and Mike for the first 7-10 years were excellent original radio. The original donut Shop Terror routines, Stump Howard, Don't Stump Mike, Grandma Burry, etc, etc were radio gold. The first few weeks sans Drew, they started playing re-run clips from back in the day which I enjoyed greatly. I even looked forward to a Mike in the morning show thanks to Drew getting too bitter and stale over the last few years. Mike in the Morning started off fairly good with the whole guess the song bit, however, after the 10th rendition of the game, Mike's inability to really interview someone, and a lack of real current events discussions, it was clear the show needed to bring in some steering help. Jamie Samuelson was a god start, but not quite the answer. I am hoping the new Drew Lane will be a refreshed, happier Drew which will make the morning show good again, and not an even more tired and bitter Drew, which will further sink their ratings.

On a side note, how long until we start seeing the inflatable penis balloons with "Drew Blows" scrolled all over them, bouncing around at Pine Knob and Tigers games?

Apparently, Jamie Samuelson became the odd man out. Anyone know what becomes of 'im?

I could never stand any of these morning morons. The whole phenomenon ruined FM radio for me. I remember the early days of FM when RIF, W4 and ABX were just getting going. WKNR [[Keener 13) and CKLW [[The Big 8) were the Top 40 powerhouses in town and FM was for heads and stoners and hard rockers. You could listen for hours with only a few commercials. Nobody listened to FM and it showed, especially late at night. They'd drop an album on and let it play through. Once in a while it would go to dead air until somebody called the studio and woke the DJ up.

Then FM started to catch on and the morning morons took over. FM went downhill from there. I got so I kept the radio turned off in the car.

I still have a few tapes of W4's Midnight Album Review though. I can't remember the host's name.

Wasnt the host Dave Dixon ?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2