Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Personally, I would have voted for KK myself had I lived in Detroit. He was a brilliant speaker, young and I thought he was an honest person. Little did anyone know that he had an agenda from the beginning. It's when he was voted in a second time that I threw my hands up in the air and asked "WHY?"

That's exactly what I said in a earlier post, Wesley Mouch has his own theories though......
    I thought he had great hope as well. But when he put his diamond earring diamond back in and told the voters 'I fooled you'...

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    Personally, I would have voted for KK myself had I lived in Detroit. He was a brilliant speaker, young and I thought he was an honest person. Little did anyone know that he had an agenda from the beginning. It's when he was voted in a second time that I threw my hands up in the air and asked "WHY?"

That's exactly what I said in a earlier post, Wesley Mouch has his own theories though......
    Why was he voted in a second time? - Because the newspapers and civic leaders and business leaders all said there was no one else qualified except Kwame Kilpatrick. They all propped him up. They act now as if the voters of Detroit should have known better, but they all endorsed him. He wasn't running some grass roots campaign, he had financial support.

Quote Originally Posted by Locke09 View Post
    Why was he voted in a second time? - Because the newspapers and civic leaders and business leaders all said there was no one else qualified except Kwame Kilpatrick. They all propped him up. They act now as if the voters of Detroit should have known better, but they all endorsed him. He wasn't running some grass roots campaign, he had financial support.
    To be fair, none of the other choices were overwhelming either.

Kwame just so happened to get caught in the tidal known of the real estate boom that was starting to kick into gear downtown.

[[sort of like how Snyder just so happened to take over as the impacts of Obama's auto loans began to trickle down through the state's economy)

[[and also sort of like how Bush got re-elected because the dot-com recession was ending and we were in the middle of a pseudo-economic boom during the 2004 election).

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3