Let me be straight: To me, John Conyers is a hero, someone whose consistent voice for fairness and equality helped shape the world I grew up in and live and work in now. But in recent years, his performance in Congress has become erratic at best and, in some ways, imperceptible. It's hard to even name his last big legislative win.
We're endorsing him today because of who he was, and because there's not an alternative sufficiently better to justify throwing over his seniority and still powerful voice on civil rights issues. But that doesn't mean I have to like it.
http://www.freep.com/article/20120715/COL33/207150456

I'm curious what folks on here, especially my fellow 13th District residents, think about this race. Is Conyers vulnerable? If so, who is his biggest threat? In its endorsement, the Freep called Bert Johnson "probably Conyers' most formidable challenger," but some other reporting suggests that Glenn Anderson has a better shot. Is Henderson correct that none of the challengers are good enough to outweigh Conyers' record and seniority? I'm newly drawn into Conyers' district and still trying to decide how to vote, so I'm interested in people's opinions.