Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by downtownguy View Post
    Wow. I have less respect for Pugh with each new day. Yes, this gentleman was out of order, but Pugh could not have handled it worse. "You act a fool at every meeting," Pugh said. A statement like that to a citizen by any city employee should be cause for a disciplinary action. That is comes from a council person, the PRESIDENT of the council at that, is totally unacceptable.
    When Charlie LeDuff got the microphone knocked out of his hand by Fire Commissiner Fred Wheeler, Freddie was immediately fired from his position. No matter how much this gentleman agitates Pugh, Pugh had no business insulting the taxpayer by calling him a "fool". I guess Pugh is immune to any disciplinary actions from the mayor.

Quote Originally Posted by cla1945 View Post
    I guess Pugh is immune to any disciplinary actions from the mayor.
    They are both elected officials. The mayor can't do anything to him. The council body can probably admonish him for his actions but I won't think they would. With the exception of a couple member they probably feel the same way about Mr. Travis and some of his friends.

.. according to the charter, just what are the internal disciplinary protocols about council members and misbehavior?

if pugh isn't running for council again, what could he be angling to run for again besides mayor?

9mile&seneca Guest

Commoners must remember to mind their place. People who are in government are faaar too important to be disturbed by common rabble. Why, the next thing, these guttersnipes will think they could actually approach members of that most august body, the US congress and have the impertinance to inquire as to some of the crazy sh-t they do.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2