Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    He was taking a speech recognition English language course...
    What is that? Do you mean he was learning how to speak English so that a machine could understand what he said? [[Why do I find that so humorous?)

When he kept saying - "I am a doctor" or "I am a mechanic" ten times in a row, loud, I was thinking, which is it buddy ? And if he was both, how much would that car repair bill cost ?

What does Paul Simon think of digital photography taking his Kodachrome away?

Why does the Detroit "Free" Press cost a dollar?

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Why does the Detroit "Free" Press cost a dollar?
    It has a little something to do with the First Amendment and the guarantee of freedom of the press or a 'Free Press'

Quote Originally Posted by jcole View Post
    It has a little something to do with the First Amendment and the guarantee of freedom of the press or a 'Free Press'
    We need an emoticon for facetiousness.

We need an emoticon for facetiousness.
    Or a sarcmark

We can either suffer from our suffering, or we can use it to end suffering. To abolish anguish we must understand its nature. What is suffering? It is a face to face encounter with something that the false self doesn't want to face. It is resistance against the Truth, against Reality. We resist the very Truth that could liberate us because we don't recognize it, because we are still under the delusion that falsehood is all there is.
    - Vernon Howard's Mystic Path to Cosmic Power [[page 120 hard cover)

Those who imagine they understand themselves do not want to hear anything that scares their imagination.
    - Vernon Howard's Cosmic Command [[page 114 paperback)

I was just imagining "the X factor" or "American Idol" auditioning Bob Dylan, Neil Young or Joe Strummer. or even Satchmo.

I couldn't find this online but today's hardcopy Free Press had an amusing mistake on page 8A:
    P.S. Surveys from Europe show consumer confidence is rising among French and Italians but slipping among Swedes. This could reflect a worsening climate for investors in stocks and blondes [[sic).
    Blondes. Swedes. Get it? LOL! <groan>

Damn, my blonde investments have tanked lately

In Carly Simon's You're So Vain, the lyrics contain the line "You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you."

Well—um—It actually is, isn't it?

In Carly Simon's You're So Vain, the lyrics contain the line "You're so vain, you probably think this song is about you."

Well—um—It actually is, isn't it?
    Yes. I think Carly was making a little joke there.

OK, I do believe the endtimes are here - KISS at the Academy of Country Music Awards?????

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    OK, I do believe the endtimes are here - KISS at the Academy of Country Music Awards?????
    wha...?? Now I have an image of them as they were on the cover of Destroyer only with cowboy hats on now...

I miss my Kenner SSPs. I had a Black Jack, Two Much, Black Widow, Laker Special, Rail Bird, King Cobra, Deuces Wild, Ram Jet and a few Smash Up Derby cars.Absolutely THE best car toys of all time. I’ve seen toys coming out now with the t-pull power strips. Wish these would come back!

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    I miss my Kenner SSPs. I had a Black Jack, Two Much, Black Widow, Laker Special, Rail Bird, King Cobra, Deuces Wild, Ram Jet and a few Smash Up Derby cars.Absolutely THE best car toys of all time. I’ve seen toys coming out now with the t-pull power strips. Wish these would come back!
    Have you seen the ones that have just a wheel with the power strip? I said to my kid when I saw the commercial that it was just a wheel of an SSP. Well then, I had to explain to him what an SSP was. Man, I loved playing with SSPs with my brothers way back when.

Quote Originally Posted by jackie5275 View Post
    Have you seen the ones that have just a wheel with the power strip? I said to my kid when I saw the commercial that it was just a wheel of an SSP. Well then, I had to explain to him what an SSP was. Man, I loved playing with SSPs with my brothers way back when.
    I actually found my black jack in a box my dad gave me, with the T-strip

Why did my cell phone provider give me a phone that cheerfully invites callers to leave voice mail yet:
    1. doesn't allow me to receive voice mail
    2. doesn't indicate that the messages even exist [[or allow me to detect their existence)
    3. doesn't even indicate that the feature itself exists

?!

Ultimately they had to enable the receive feature from their end—after 13 messages had gone ignored.

Is it some kind of sophomoric telecom industry prank?

It's like mounting a bottomless suggestion box over a wastebasket!

Why did my cell phone provider give me a phone that cheerfully invites callers to leave voice mail yet:
    1. doesn't allow me to receive voice mail
    2. doesn't indicate that the messages even exist [[or allow me to detect their existence)
    3. doesn't even indicate that the feature itself exists

?!

Ultimately they had to enable the receive feature from their end—after 13 messages had gone ignored.

Is it some kind of sophomoric telecom industry prank?

It's like mounting a bottomless suggestion box over a wastebasket!
    You didn't go with "The Jitterbug" did you?

Quote Originally Posted by old guy View Post
    You didn't go with "The Jitterbug" did you?
    Dingdingdingding! We have a winner!

Its main selling point is that it's easy to use. LOL!

very good point!

Why do so many people spell the opposite of winning as loose? It's lose. It's like it's becoming the acceptable spelling of the word.

Bon Jovi's commercial for advil officially ushered him into the world of "he's as corny as my grandpa"

and can we have an end to the annoying, unfunny obnoxious kid commercials?

Why don't they make hearing aids for doorposts?

Page 6 of 45 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 16 ... LastLast