Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 35 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,125 of 1168

All things averaged, this is the coldest day of the year for the Detroit region.

Happy coldest day of the year!

From here on out temperatures should trend warmer.

Celebrate.

Cold? Cold? We doan' got no cold. We doan' need no steenkin' cold.
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Right-O and by mid-February COLD start to get OLD!

I'm tired of it already!

Ohio Turnpike snowplow damages at least 40 vehicles, injures 12

Video taken [last] Sunday by a truck driver traveling on the Ohio Turnpike in Erie County Monday shows a snowplow on the opposite side of the road causing a crash after throwing massive amounts of snow across the highway and onto passing vehicles.
    It's not mentioned in the video but there has been a shortage of plow drivers this year so qualifications have been relaxed. I suspect there's a connection.

Here's some drone footage of the aftermath of a recent truck wreck at a hairpin curve in Wolf Creek Pass, southwest Colorado. The driver didn't survive.

I have driven through there with no problem but some people find the experience terrifying.

There are two runaway truck ramps before this curve so, in late September, I have to guess that unexpected road conditions were a factor.

Semi-Truck Wreckage - Wolf Creek Pass, Colorado
    This was a truly horrific scene in Southwestern Colorado in late September of 2021. The driver did not survive the accident. Recovery of the vehicle is still pending....
    If you pan out from this Street View image, you can see the wreckage and how the lanes have been changed. I think he was trying to take the scenic overview lane to make a wider turn.

I've been all around that area but not to Pagosa or Creede. Want to go there, but don't know when that will be.
    I thought you were talking about the Million Dollar Hwy and the road from Silverton to Durango at first. I saw those two mostly through slits in closed eyes or from between my fingers. horrifying when a semi looks like it's coming right at you and you're on the outside of the road with no guard rails.

A dashcam video of the Wolf Creek wreck as it happened has surfaced. He was going way too fast. Again, there were two runaway truck ramps before that curve. We may never know why he didn't use one.

Other salvage footage shows that the cargo appeared to be soft drinks. That it's cost effective to ship soft drinks over the continental divide says something about how scarce water is out west.

Or Coors has a monopoly on that delicious mountain water...
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    A dashcam video of the Wolf Creek wreck as it happened has surfaced. He was going way too fast. Again, there were two runaway truck ramps before that curve. We may never know why he didn't use one.

Other salvage footage shows that the cargo appeared to be soft drinks. That it's cost effective to ship soft drinks over the continental divide says something about how scarce water is out west.

Set your clocks ahead one hour tonight! Here's a good resource: The Official U.S. Time.

I'm such a nerd I set my watch to the exact second but for clocks that don't display seconds, I set them 30 seconds fast. That effectively rounds them to the nearest minute.

Sundials. We need more sundials. I used to live near this one.
    Last edited by Jimaz; March-14-22 at 07:53 PM.

A neighbor less than 1,000 feet away is too close.

^ Then you'd not like much of Hamtramck housing stock!

Some of those homes are so close you have to turn side-way to walk between the home. And driveways are extremely rare!

^ True that. Until the slap that was heard across the world!

The only thing I can think of worse re. such events are the Grammy's pushing vulgar/ angst music - near burlesque show.
    Last edited by Zacha341; March-29-22 at 11:21 AM.

There's a chance to see the northern lights coming up. Best viewing is from 11-midnight Thursday through Saturday.

...I'm not an attorney so I can't give legal advice. I have however heard an attorney recommend that consumers strike out and initial arbitration clauses before signing contracts. The idea is to retain your right to the protection of the courts instead of accepting an arbitration panel which might be stacked by industry against consumers. Of course the company doesn't have to accept your strikeout in which case there's nothing lost but the contract. He also said that companies will often accept the strikeout because arbitration clauses are relatively new and disputes rare and, well, a customer is a customer.
    The attorney to whom I referred was not Steve Lehto but here's a retro video of Steve on the same subject:

Avoid Arbitration at All Costs

Q: How do you make a one-trick pony?

A: Simple. Don't pay him for the first trick.

Whose bright idea was it to elevate the hideously drawn Wojak face to internet fame? Anything that cringeworthy is unworthy of becoming a meme.
    Last edited by Jimaz; June-09-22 at 06:20 PM.

Whose bright idea was it to elevate the hideously drawn Wojak face to internet fame? Anything that cringeworthy is unworthy of becoming a meme.
    Well, it's been my view, that 99% of everything on the 'net is bullshit. Except, of course, for DetroitYes.

^ I always slightly wondered where that thing came from spurring all of the derivatives out there.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    ^ I always slightly wondered where that thing came from spurring all of the derivatives out there.
    Well, if that click don't give me nightmares for a week, nothing will. Sigh.

Back when the now-archaic VHS video technology was new, videos had to warn viewers to "adjust the tracking" on their machine before viewing the tape. Otherwise you'd get a band of static at the bottom of the picture.

Back then that seemed so high tech. Now it seems so stupid. LOL!

Today I noticed a monarch butterfly. Then another. Then another. Dozens were all flying southwest at a rate of about one per minute.
    It's hard to believe that they fly all the way to Mexico — and without a passport!

Here's how the Monarch butterfly population is growing in Sylvan Lake
    Numbers are rising for a critter that's been on the endangered species list since the 90s. The monarch butterfly population is up a 35% increase over last year and in no small part because of the interventions of humans.

Keep that milkweed coming, folks....

Here's how the Monarch butterfly population is growing in Sylvan Lake

Reddy Kilowatt threatening to kill a kid with a switchblade while smiling.

Things don't get much creepier than that.
    Last edited by Jimaz; September-05-22 at 07:12 AM.

Attorneys from Grand Rapids helped ‘The Onion’ file quite possibly the funniest legal document of all time

‘America’s Finest News Source’ filed an amicus brief in defense of parody on behalf of an Ohio man arrested for mocking a local police department on Facebook

The humor website The Onion filed an amicus brief before the U.S. Supreme Court on Monday in defense of the very concept of parody, and perhaps as no surprise, the legal document is a hilariously meta must-read....

Page 45 of 47 FirstFirst ... 35 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 LastLast