Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 39 ... LastLast

It's just a big snipe hunt for apps, [[who also track you), just to move photos from a smart phone to a computer to a web site. I'm now charging up an old digital camera to upload a photo to my computer.

And JBMcB -

Thanks for the info, now I can use my Costco card for something other than gas.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    I remember when computers used to be fun and somewhat easy. Now - just to move a photo around from one device to another takes a Phd. from MIT. Changes every few months. Thanks.

If all you're trying to do is move a photo from phone to PC, just attach it to an email.
    It's just a big snipe hunt for apps, [[who also track you), just to move photos from a smart phone to a computer to a web site. I'm now charging up an old digital camera to upload a photo to my computer.

And JBMcB -

Thanks for the info, now I can use my Costco card for something other than gas.

Found in a Keurig coffee brewing machine manual:
    High Altitude Brewing: While holding the brewer handle up, push down slowly on the K-Cup® pod in the pod holder until the bottom of the K-Cup® pod is punctured by the exit needle.
    But why?

Oh! At high altitudes the pod would be under relative pressure so puncturing the top first instead would blow coffee grounds up into the machine, eventually clogging it.

That's probably good advice for any Keurig user regardless of altitude! Puncture the bottom of the pod first. Can't hurt.

Alternative Math | Short Film
    A well meaning math teacher finds herself trumped by a post-fact America.
    but her revenge is best served cold.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Alternative Math | Short Filmbut her revenge is best served cold.
    HaHaHa..I'm going to have to try that with payroll over my next paycheck.

Happy coldest day of the year!

Why do money market managers get to deciare their income as Capitol Gains at a far less remuneration than income tax.

That's why you can afford a $238 million penthouse. Among many country homes. Oh well.

Trumped the Trump. And not even gold plated.
    Last edited by Bigb23; January-27-19 at 08:38 AM.

After watching baby pigs on YouTube I'll never eat pork again.

So where is that bacon anyway?
    Last edited by Bigb23; January-27-19 at 07:48 AM.

Wait 'til we see this Wednesday! Another reason I try not to complain during our short summers.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Happy coldest day of the year!
    Last edited by Zacha341; January-27-19 at 11:33 PM.

"Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself."

~ Mark Twain

On police reality shows -

Why do they always talk to their K-9 German Shepherd attack dogs in high pitched baby talk?

It's not a Shiatzu in a Santa suit. And I'm sure the German guards in WWII POW camps did not do the same thing.

r/WTF
    Last edited by Bigb23; February-01-19 at 04:22 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bong-Man View Post
    "Suppose you were an idiot, and suppose you were a member of Congress; but I repeat myself."

~ Mark Twain
    And yet we still wait and wait and . . . . .

There are 10 types of people in this world: those who understand binary, and those who do not.

[[I am a recovering bit twiddler.)

[[
    i am a recovering bit twiddler.)

?????????? I can not read this.

I am thinking of dropping Netflix for Amazon video. Plus all the perks I like the idea of replacing all of the Bolly wood and Korean movies they upload.

I'll watch 70's drive in movies anytime over foreign crap.

Am I wrong?

I am thinking of dropping Netflix for Amazon video. Plus all the perks I like the idea of replacing all of the Bolly wood and Korean movies they upload.

Am I wrong?

You're wrong but you should do it just the same. Just do it.

It's your personal choice completely. I like Amazon Prime and Netty, so I subscribe to both. They compliment each other IMO and I like the free shipping that is part of Amazon Prime.

Not sure I'm liking my new Firestick for access though. I may go back to Roku system. Roku was an early set up for streaming and their system seems more stable and user friendly to me.

Am I wrong?
    Last edited by Zacha341; February-03-19 at 01:19 PM.

Am I wrong?
    I have stuck with Netflix DVD's for two reasons.
    -I spend about 5 hours a week during winter on a treadmill. A large selection of easy to use DVD's make that time enjoyable.
    -I watch more foreign than domestic films because I can't hear the words over treadmill noise. Foreign movies always have "subtitles for the hearing impaired". Netflix has a much wider range of foreign and obscure movies available on DVD than Netflix streams online. Last movies watched; Good Evening Mr. Wallenberg" Swedish 1990 and "The Nightingale" Chinese 2015.

That said, a couple of years ago, Netflix new CEO changed the course of Netflix to emphasize new Netflix commissioned films at the expense of such a wide range of other movies.
    Last edited by oladub; February-03-19 at 11:18 AM.

After spending one hour on the phone with an ATT rep about the 55% increase on my DSL bill with no changes in my habits. They informed me that I was on their unlimited plan, [[one terabyte/mo. which I did not ask for), but they send me overage notices for every 50 gigs over 50 gigs. Sometimes 3 times a month.

She said just ignore the auto notices. They don't seem to know what they are doing, and I don't know what I'm receiving to the tune of $128/mo.
    I'm just a simple Redditor and Dyes user, and some Netflix.

I hate Corporations. [[But she was nice, we had a nice chat).
    Last edited by Bigb23; February-10-19 at 07:48 PM.

Florida Store Owner: Don't Warm Urine in My Microwave
    A Florida gas station owner has placed a sign in [her] store asking customers not to warm urine in the microwave....
    The store is within walking distance of two labs that offer drug testing services and collect urine samples....
    The conspicuous sign says [[sic):

Only For Food use
    Do not warm Urine
    Keep Microwave Clean! THX

​What's the point in even having a microwave if you have to post a sign like that? I mean, who is ever going to use it?

It's your personal choice completely.
    I like Amazon Prime
    and
    Netty, so I subscribe to both. They compliment each other IMO and I like the free shipping that is part of Amazon Prime.
    After a month or two with both, I'm done with Netflix and staying with Prime. I'm on a budget, and like the extra's. Too bad I'm not into music anymore.

And yes, I ordered a $10 set of SS sporks, I hope this is not a habit.

Saw another middle aged man walking around in 20 degree weather in basketball shorts and t-shirt.

Should I emulate stupid teens now? Just want to know, as I want to be cool.
    Last edited by Bigb23; February-16-19 at 10:15 PM.

Thank you Amazon Prime for letting me re-discover Commander Cody and his Lost Planet Airmen again, along with Brownsville Station.

Beat me daddy eight to the bar -Hot Rod Lincoln ,
    Seeds and stems blues. the best of Detroit/ A2.

https://music.amazon.com/albums/B002...sin=B002MUX6LG
    Last edited by Bigb23; February-16-19 at 11:19 PM.

[QUOTE=Bigb23;566205]Beat me daddy eight to the bar -Hot Rod Lincoln ,
    Seeds and stems again blues.

Thank you Commander Cody.

Page 29 of 47 FirstFirst ... 19 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 39 ... LastLast