Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 ... LastLast

And their price is going up [[Netflix)... annoying for us who are trying to save by cutting the cable cord!

Quote Originally Posted by canuck View Post
    I know. What's all them foreign films doin' there? And how about all that foreign food in our food courts? Hate that too.
    I just hate reading the bottom of the screen while all the action is happening above that.

And Shameless, at 70 hours, has four or five plot lines per hour.
    Binging at it's best.

And as Netflix goes pricey, I still remember those Blockbuster days when you had to jump in the car to return the three day, three dollar rental.

Netflix - just don't dump twenty Korean, Moroccan, and Norwegian foreign language movies online, and call it a day.
    Last edited by Bigb23; October-13-17 at 09:12 AM.

I have always been a fiercely Independent voter into my 60's.
    But is there ANYTHING good about the Republican party now? Just make the rich richer? Where does it end?

Fu*k ANYTHING Obama, that's the ticket.
    Last edited by Bigb23; October-13-17 at 09:41 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Bigb23 View Post
    But is there ANYTHING good about the Republican party now? Just make the rich richer? Where does it end?
    Both parties make the rich richer. Under Obama, the 5% increased their share of national wealth, relative to the 95%, at an even faster rate than under Bush. Although I can't endorse most of the Republican Party, I do like Paul, Amash, Massie, and a few other Republicans who observe the Constitution and try to keep us out of wars. I don't know of any federal level Democrats who do both although I would consider voting for Tulsi Gabbard [[D), a Bernie supporter, for President on the basis of her opposition to all these stupid wars.
    Last edited by oladub; October-13-17 at 10:02 AM.

I do like Paul, Amash, Massie, and a few other Republicans who observe the Constitution
    This was written in the same era when they were still burning witches and vampires.
    A great start/foundation, but things have to evolve over several hundred years.

"All men are created equal" NOT. It took another 150 years.
    Last edited by Bigb23; October-13-17 at 03:52 PM.

This was written in the same era when they were still burning witches and vampires.
    A great start/foundation, but things have to evolve over several hundred years.

"All men are created equal" NOT. It took another 150 years.
    You are wrong. The Constitution allows for amendments. Women can vote, the slaves went free, and we now have a federal income tax as examples of changes that have occurred by amendment since its writing. Soldiers and politicians swear to uphold the Constitution. You know all that, of course, but you could be lobbying to change the second amendment, limit the first amendment, or even amend the Constitution to be null and void instead of lumping the Constitution in with witches and vampires.

http://www.detroitnews.com/story/lif...ngs/106811788/

One thing you'll never hear a man say....."Honey, wouldn't this room look great with some wallpaper ?"

It at least pays to think independently... It seems the larger 'establishment' ala the major parties [[read dem and repub) both have an unyielding penchant for keeping themselves rich and richer!

However, the dems do put forth the idea moreso that the masses can have a coin or two [[after they take their share), per their promise[[s) therein to provide such. I'll grant that.

Fu*k ANYTHING Obama, that's the ticket.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-22-17 at 09:24 AM.

I try, but my patience level for reading subtitles seems to be waning......

On another subject... where can I watch the Sopranos streaming [[I don't do cable)? I never watched the series and would like to.

I just hate reading the bottom of the screen while all the action is happening above that.
    Last edited by Zacha341; October-27-17 at 05:23 AM.

I'd like to know how often the sentence "Wenn es nicht kaputt ist, reparieren Sie es nicht." was used during the design of the Hindenburg.
    Last edited by Jimaz; October-30-17 at 09:05 PM.

[QUOTE]
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    I'd like to know how often the sentence "Wenn es nicht kaputt ist, reparieren Sie es nicht." was used during the design of the Hindenburg.[/QUOTE

I'm only guessing, but, [["Don't Worry Be Happy") ??
    Last edited by Bigb23; October-31-17 at 09:22 AM.

I'm only guessing, but [["Don't Worry Be Happy") ??
    “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

This thought was from a personal experience where I warned a group of engineers that a big problem was imminent. They considered it but responded with “If it ain’t broke, don’t fix it.”

Sure enough, by the time it did break, it was too broken to fix correctly, hence, the Hindenburg.

I fixed it for them but it wasn't pretty.

Pay me now or pay me later.

A horrendous story where three children died and six were critically injured in a Amish buggy accident with a pickup truck in Michigan.

Why can't I get the image of an Amish Clown car out of my head? We've all seen them on T.V. Right?

Please forgive me.

Just kind of pleased to know that Verlander has a World Series ring. Just sayin'.

I just want to thank the neighbor that found my pocket radio that fell out a few days ago.

No big deal, as I could recover the hundreds of hours of early Detroit rock from the 60's on the micro SD. Music never to be heard again in our lifetime. Plus CKLW spots, Motor City/Detroit/ Drag way/ commercials and Edgewater Park spots. But that would be a big pain.

They found me, and returned the radio and chip, no questions asked.
    I offered the radio for them to keep, but let me keep the chip, but they would not hear of it.

Thank you neighbor !!!!
    Last edited by Bigb23; November-06-17 at 06:10 AM.

Went and got my flu shot yesterday. The pharmacist told me the vaccine would protect against four flu strains, including the Michigan named strain.

I asked him Michigan State or U of M, got a laugh but no reply. Who wants those bragging rights?

Irony: grappling with health care insurance makes me nauseous.

I'm not making that up.

And now you must back-up that SD card-Hah! Been there done that in regards to loosing precious data, drives go bad, memory cards go south, lost etc.

I try to back up even the back-ups! Fun I know......

No big deal, as I could recover the hundreds of hours of early Detroit rock from the 60's on the micro SD. Music never to be heard again in our lifetime. Plus CKLW spots, Motor City/Detroit/ Drag way/ commercials and Edgewater Park spots. But that would be a big pain.

They found me, and returned the radio and chip, no questions asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimaz View Post
    Irony: grappling with health care insurance makes me nauseous.

I'm not making that up.
    That and Big Pharma. Couldn't agree more.

Fasten your seatbelts.

Medical first: Doctors attempt to gene-edit a living patient's DNA
    The DNA-editing technology is not the headline-grabbing CRISPR but one developed by Sangamo. It is based on naturally occurring proteins called zinc finger DNA-binding proteins....
    As rare as DNA-based life is in this universe, a DNA-based lifeform is just now beginning to modify its own DNA in a way that was specifically planned by that same lifeform. This is a first.

This is big — really, really big. This is big on a cosmological scale.
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-15-17 at 11:40 PM.

I left my credit card at a Krogers and retrieved it within 20 minutes.
    They put a hold on it, that it will now take me five days with my Credit Union to recover. All new numbers, that I will have to do Amazon, Paypal, Netflix, Walmart, etc, Thank you, Kroger. !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Damn, a useless piece of plastic in my wallet. And a major hassle.

You are my new worst nightmare.
    Last edited by Bigb23; November-17-17 at 08:55 PM.

Was it a Kroger Credit card and they canceled it instantly? I too have lost my bank debit card [[the last time in my car). I did not cancel it just yet as I thought it was near and five hours later I found it.

And yes, I've lost a debit card out and about had to call in a cancellation and do the new numbers for everything -- but I preferred that too having card use by thieves.
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-19-17 at 12:51 AM.

I had to get my driver's license renewed, a routine task. That should be easy.

NOT! There's a new requirement.

If you want to be able to board a plane for even domestic travel, [[or enter certain federal facilities, military bases, or nuclear facilities,) you now need a "REAL-ID." To get a REAL-ID, you need "a certified U.S. birth certificate with a stamp or raised seal, [[or a valid, unexpired U.S. passport or passport card, or other approved citizenship or legal presence document.)"

I have no passport. I actually have my original birth certificate, a large, ornate, laminated document signed by the attending physician, with raised seal. It even has my own baby footprints on the back. I was born in California.

The Michigan Secretary of State would not accept that birth certificate as proof of citizenship because it was issued by the hospital rather than by the State of California.

I'm pretty sure the attending physician was an eye-witness to my birth and I'm pretty sure no agent of the State of California was present.

So which document should carry more authority? Yeah, I can get one from the State but come on guys!

"A foolish consistency is the hobgoblin of little minds."
    — Ralph Waldo Emerson

<sigh>

So this U.S. citizen may be restricted from boarding domestic flights.

What has become of this country?

If I ever get "disappeared," check the immigrant detention facilities for my body.
    Last edited by Jimaz; November-27-17 at 07:35 PM.

^^^ Yargh! More red tape applied to US Citizens. Another good reason to renew my passport due to expire! I rarely travel but it has served me well as secondary ID, like when I lost my drivers license.

Should I want to take an occasional flight now I see I'll need again apparently as I have the old-style Drivers license.

I'd go back to the another SOS office. Sometimes their requirements vary depending on WHO you get to serve you. Not official, but I've heard it works like that with a 'gray' area such as your Calli birth cert.

Then again it could be a new standard operating procedure they've been brief on w/o exception. I'd ask to speak to a manager there. Good times!
    Last edited by Zacha341; November-28-17 at 06:08 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
    And their price is going up [[Netflix)... annoying for us who are trying to save by cutting the cable cord!
    You think that's annoying? Just wait until they kill Net Neutrality and then throttle the bandwidth for all streaming services. Do you think ISPs are going to allow people to cut the cord from their cable TV? That's the problem with ISPs also being Cable providers.

Page 22 of 47 FirstFirst ... 12 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 32 ... LastLast