Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by p69rrh51 View Post
    And the president is the right choice?? Both candidates are lousy leaders and very bad choices.
    Total sarcasm to illustrate how stupid such a simplistic world view is. For someone like that the R after someone's name is like sainthood and the D is the scarlet letter. Yet you'd be hard pressed to find a bigger bunch of sociopaths than the current crop of Republican politicians.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Total sarcasm to illustrate how stupid such a simplistic world view is. For someone like that the R after someone's name is like sainthood and the D is the scarlet letter. Yet you'd be hard pressed to find a bigger bunch of sociopaths than the current crop of Republican politicians.
    With the Demcrats in step with them ! By the way I am NOT a republican nor can I afford to be a democrat!

D or R, it doesn't matter. Whoever gets elected mayor will have a hazmat job of clean up to do for Detroit.

I think the biggest part of a regional aspect is the negativeness of Detroit as a city's past,you hear it in conversations and see it in posts. Me personally I think the best thing the city can do is put a strong city government in place without the aid of the state and show everybody else that she is serious,I have seen a lot of positive changes in the last two years and it does seem that there are enough now in the city that do care and are taking action.

I think or hope once that happens the rest of the region will be a bit more receptive to the city.Because there will be so much positive energy created that it will be a pleasure doing business with.

Ficano is a mess or has created one, I give him a little bit of credit for passing the currant economic reductions which in turn does put the brakes on Areo and he was one the the heaviest supporters of the project. Hopefully now he realizes that if you put the same effort and diverting of funds into the existing city and county you can build both as a strong healthy place to live work play and visit. But the message is clear,the times of not acting in the best interests of the city or county by diverting for personal gain are over.

Let's say Mike Duggan has won the Mayoral Election for the City of Detroit. What to do about his ideals to save the cash strapped city:

Detroit 2014

population 756,988

77.4% black, 14.2% white, 8.9% hispanic, 4.1% Asian

First year as mayor, Duggan will proposed to close down certian Detroit neighborhood streets that are blighted and have few homes standing. Neighbors who lived in that area
    will be located into occupied Detroit neighborhoods. Detroit neighorhoods that are closed down will be reserved for future development.

Mike Duggan will make fewer cuts to its payroll of city employees by next fiscal year. This comes when the financial review team claims that the city will be low on cash by July 1, 2014. City unions will protest and file lawsuits to counteract Duggan's cuts.

To save the city up to 50 million dollars annually Duggan will plan to hand over its payroll division of Detroit Department of Transportation to Regional Authorities.

Duggan will recieve 100 million dollars of federal grants to hire 200 Detroit police officers and 500 firefighters. He will open 5 firehouses in certian occupied Detroit neighborhoods.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3