Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Sensationalist reports like this rankle me because they are not based on any facts. They make for eye-catching news while further degrading the perceptions of public transit. They are allegations. Where are the bugs? Are the bites from bed bugs or the thousands of other biting insects of summer?

Why doesn't WXYZ take their high paid investigative team and actually find bed bugs on a bus or buses with a professional pest expert and show us the bugs? You know - some actual evidence.

As for the drivers, I don't know of anyone else who sits in the bus drivers' seats than bus drivers, so my investigative team would start with that seat.

I also think they would more likely find lice that bedbugs who actually live on their hosts than bed bugs who visit them for lunch.

If they want to run with this, a better candidate would be those movie theaters with fabric head rest chairs rather than the less porous vinyl bus seating.

"You are entitled to your opinion. You are not entitled to the facts."

We never watch Fox2 news, but caught that silly-ass promo from Charlie LeDuff dressed as a clown, so we kept the projector on to see it larger-than-life.

They led with the D-DOT bedbug story, and my girlfriend moved a few feet away from me while looking out of the corner of her eye.

I'd taken the 31 Mack down to meet her after work the day earlier.

I don't know why she thought the cat's flea dip bath would do anything...geez does that stuff sting.

Next week, if I'm still clean, she'll let me back into the bed. She likes it when I bug her...

Cheers!
    Last edited by Gannon; June-30-12 at 10:43 AM.