Quote Originally Posted by Zacha341 View Post
Oh! I hear that. I don't like swimming with kids, having been extremely scared to swim in the first place. The only place I can think of that is exclusively adult swim is Fitness Works off West Grand Blvd, New Center. Small pool, but you can lap. No kids, no family swim. Very clean facility, clean shower and locker areas, but very expensive.

They do offer discounts for certain employees, like if you work for Henry Ford Hospital...
My mother swims here, but it's paid for by her health insurance as part of her arthritis therapy!

The only pool I ever swam in regularly as an adult in Detroit was the long gone downtown YWCA pool that was on the 4th floor and had a magnificant view of downtown. I still miss it! I was in CAY rec center a few times many years ago and found it nice. Much nicer and newer than the old rec centers and Ys I swam in as a kid.

But generally I'm a lakes and rivers guy when it comes to swimming. Belle Isle, Lake Erie over on the Canadian side, Lake Huron up in Sanilac County.