Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Quote Originally Posted by Richard View Post
    So to answer mikeeg19 if lofts became available in MCS would you like to lease one? and what advantages would it have for you?

Keeping in mind this is hypothetical to show that it is a plausible venture verse demolishing.
    On a personal level, I love the building and would certainly consider it as a potential place of living. But the biggest problem I see with it, and I'm sure others will say it as well, is the walking distance to and from downtown. It's not a make or break issue for me, but I'd preferably want to live in the CBD area or GCP.

I do believe that the development of the building is more then a plausible venture though. After the cleanup, the way things downtown, in Midtown, Corktown, and other pockets are springing back to life, how could this building not be marketable? Now, I don't know what the Moroun's intentions are for the building. Is this some sort of venture they are looking to own or keep a stake in and redevelop the building? Or is the cleanup project all about marketability to sell the structure as soon as possible to a developer? I think that piece is crucial in what will become of the building. Obviously, I think we all believe that transportation will be a part of the future of the building, whether it's just the main lobby or occupying a second or third floor. The interesting part to me is what happens to the rest of the building.

Quote Originally Posted by Hypestyles View Post
    a full renovation is needed.. moroun could spend money on that rather than the anti-bridge ads and petition.. oh, well...
    Yeah, but preserving a dilapidated landmark would be something good. Spreading lies to try to make him even more of a billionaire sounds like a much more lucrative opportunity.

I just don't get him. He's got so much money and he's so freaking old. You'd think he would start to try to leave more of a legacy than a single bridge and a large inheritance for his family.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3