Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6

Quote Originally Posted by TMR View Post
    I've heard it was GM that wanted the Riverwalk closed off becuase of last year's problem when people crashed there party after they took some of Riverwalk for themselves.Not sure if that's true but sure seems that way to me.
    You are right, from what I heard from a friend whose brother's office is VERY high up in that corporation.

Cheers

Quote Originally Posted by corktownyuppie View Post
    I'm curious as well. I'm not saying that your sources are inaccurate. I'm simply waiting for some other party to corroborate it. Between the Det News, Freep, MLive, HuffPo Detroit, Michigan Citizen, MI Chronicle, Metro Times Weekly....if this story really has legs, they'd be chomping at the bit to report it.
    They brought it up BEFORE I told them about our witnessing that 2-300 person STAMPEDE just before the fireworks began, as I reported at the time. Nor the stretchers.

Nor, as my partner observed the next morning, the stain on the concrete at Hart Plaza.

Their report fit the observed data, confirming it solidly. One of them is too connected to be a part of this...they won't threaten their networking with something like this.

Go figure.

Sincerely,
    John

A knife wouldn't cause a stampede. Nor a fight. Nor a shout.

The ONLY thing which would cause a move like that in a crowd would be a gunshot or three, or something misperceived as gunshots.

Since two individuals were carried out on stretchers...they might've been hurt by the crowd reaction or perhaps, maybe, by bullets. [[or more, but it is too convenient that the number of those reported shot fits the number of those observed being carried away)

I'd love it if this isn't true, btw. I don't WANT there to be any more wanton gunfire in the streets, and in my fantasy world...like everyone else's...an overwhelming force of police would stop any misbehavior.

In this case, the overwheming force was distracted by the bullshit relatively covert ambush of a last-minute curfew...which they performed flawlessly, from all observable data. Flawlessly, save for some heavy-handedness when anyone balked at their authority, of course.

Cheers

I talk too much. Going to turn this thing off and get to work now.

Cheers!

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6