My girlfriend and I are considering a move to East English Village and are interested in some first hand perspective. I've been enamored with the neighborhood since I was a kid. My aunt and uncle lived on Berkshire in Morningside until the late '80s and I have many fond memories of playing with my cousins in what was then a very safe neighborhood. I drove through recently and discovered that urban blight has taken over Morningside although EEV seems to have held on. I'm wondering what EEV's prospects for long-term survival are. Home prices there are very attractive given the quality of the architecture but I wonder if they've hit bottom yet. We do have a child on the way so schools are a major concern as well. I'm hoping that those of you who live in or around EEV could offer some guidance as to which blocks are the best [[north of Warren seems to have nicer houses but south of Warren has lower crime?) and what some of my school options would be. We can't afford private school at this point although that could change in a few years. We want to live in the city but don't want to do ourselves or our children a disservice by moving to a declining neighborhood. We're already aware of the increased costs associated with taxes, insurance, etc. Really we'd be interested in hearing what anybody has to say and would like to hear any arguments for and against the move.