So, I drove down from Saginaw yesterday to tour the Broderick since I will be moving into an apartment there in September. The building is great, but still a lot of work to do. They will be cutting it close! I was really happy with the apartments, they are beautiful. The only complaint is they have been advertising a wine bar, a brewery and a restaurant as going in on the first floor. They don't seem able to provide any info on when they will go in or if they even have solid tenants yet. I couldn't imagine with 126 units, and the Kales and another apartment building right across the street that they couldn't fill that space. Also, the David Whitney will have a hotel and another 108 apartments right across the street.

Mexicantown was great. Vernor is a fun street! nice street wall and lots of businesses, that's what a big city neighborhood SHOULD be. the neighborhoods seemed nice, not many empty houses at all and seemed like people really took pride in their property. Hopefully other neighborhoods in Detroit can find a way to replicate the success!

All in all one of my best trips to the city.