Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    The Chicago Sun-Times did not pose the question. The Chicago Sun-Times reported that some alderman made that observation on his own. Therefore there is nothing "serious" about it.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    The Chicago Sun-Times did not pose the question. The Chicago Sun-Times reported that some alderman made that observation on his own. Therefore there is nothing "serious" about it.
    Well, no... The Sun-Times posed the question. But they have changed the headline since I first posted the link [[probably got pushback from some readers). The anonymous alderman made the statement likening this incident to what he believes is common occurrence in Detroit.

Quote Originally Posted by iheartthed View Post
    Well, no... The Sun-Times posed the question. But they have changed the headline since I first posted the link [[probably got pushback from some readers). The anonymous alderman made the statement likening this incident to what he believes is common occurrence in Detroit.
    Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Rather silly...Chicago has never been a terribly safe place, as they even mention in the article. Seems like Chicago is just being Chicago.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    Ah, thanks for the clarification.

Rather silly...Chicago has never been a terribly safe place, as they even mention in the article. Seems like Chicago is just being Chicago.
    That was my take on it too. From my perspective, people outside of Detroit and Chicago tend to liken the two cities on the issue of crime. The distinction is made on how much Detroit has decayed versus Chciago.