Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
My dad is a ford retiree and if he has a "Cadillac" plan, I shutter to think what a Pinto plan looks like. Since when did Cadillac plans have high deductibles, high co-pays, non existent prescriptions, and optional vision and dental coverage? He even has to pay a portion of this plan to boot.
I'm also a Ford retiree, and I really wish people would get over the idea that Big 3 employees/retirees have Cadillac plans. Once upon a time we did, but not now.

Having said that, I've read about other plans [[especially with annual and/or lifetime maximums and with strict formularies - certain meds not covered at all - i've never had that happen, the worst that happens is some are on the $50/month co-pay), and we're probably average or a little better than average - call it the Crown Vic of plans.

Now if your Dad doesn't qualify for the so-called Preferred plan [[i.e., he smokes or has a combination of factors like being really overweight plus having uncontrolled diabetes or high cholesterol), the so-called Standard plan [[I think they should call it the Penalty plan) really does suck. Higher cost sharing and a much higher maximum spend before the full insurance kicks in.