Michigan Central Restored and Opening
RESTORED MICHIGAN CENTRAL DEPOT OPENS »

Threaded View

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post

I should have been a nurse. Every nurse I've known is dumb as shit and makes good money considering the going wages these days.
    Dumb as shit nurse checking in here.....

As far as I am concerned there are dumb-asses in every field. No dumb-asses in your line of work??? Your comment doesn't hold much water on the floors I have worked on. Sure there are some that need some extra classes and an extra eye but that's everywhere and in every occupation.

I think most hospitals have done a good job of curtailing spending and excessive hiring over the last few years. They have used the auto industry as a good way to NOT run a business. No pensions to worry about, have had pay freezes for a few years now, most are non union [[!!!), plus they mostly respond to demands not just a matter of keeping people employed for employment sake. And as far as the wages...the nurses hired in the last 5-6 years are being hired at a much more shallow pay rate/raise curve than the "older" nurses were. I will never make what a 20 year employed nurse makes now.

Furthermore, say what you want about Obamacare the real problem is the insurance companies paper pushing and the people who choose to ignore their own health.
    Last edited by adamjab19; June-21-12 at 11:34 PM.