Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Meh, I'm tired of World War II references. The "Greatest Generation" has already been enshrined enough.

How about a reference to the people who first populated the Detroit area. You know, before Gordie Howe got here? [[And I'm not talking about the French.)

The "Greatest Generation" has already been enshrined enough.

Apart from the WWii Memorial in Washington D.C. - where exactly has the Greatest generation been enshrined? I can't recall.

Do you think the earliest Americans were, in any sense, "bridge builders?"

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    The "Greatest Generation" has already been enshrined enough.

Apart from the WWii Memorial in Washington D.C. - where exactly has the Greatest generation been enshrined? I can't recall.
    Maybe you're right. There have only been a couple hundred or so movies, a national holiday, a national memorial, thousands of memorials in small towns all over the country, tens of thousands of books, dozens of museums, and they're only called "The Greatest Generation" -- a modest enough appellation. Yeah, why not name another public works project after the war.

Quote Originally Posted by SWMAP View Post
    Do you think the earliest Americans were, in any sense, "bridge builders?"
    Oh, they only crossed the ice bridge from Asia and lived here for scores of centuries before the last five. Nothing compared to that wonderful war.

Quote Originally Posted by Detroitnerd View Post
    Meh, I'm tired of World War II references. The "Greatest Generation" has already been enshrined enough.
    Hey, the Greatest Generation, through introducing sprawl and programs that supported it with tax dollars made Detroit what it is today. Compare Detroit in 1940 to a generation later. They certainly had a great impact on aiming the ship...

Hiram Walker Bridge

The North American is pretty good...

Maybe we could call it the Hipster, since that's who is bringing Detroit back...

Quote Originally Posted by 1953 View Post
    The North American is pretty good...
    Yes, that would probably be abbreviated to "NorAm" or "NorthAm,"—echoes with "NORAD." Anything awkward or embarrassing about the "NorAm" abbreviation?

Legend has it that Coca Cola once tried to transport its brand name to China but it unwittingly translated to "Bite the wax tadpole."

It's best to avoid such embarrassments.

Another idea that is completely Detroit!

"The New Bridge"

Voila! We need channel 62 to cover the naming ceremony.

It's also the generation that left Detroit to fend for it's own...

Quote Originally Posted by gnome View Post
    South Detroit could work too. At least it would help explain that Journey song.
    LOVE THIS.

But since Canada is paying for it, I don't know if that will work.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3