Quote Originally Posted by Novine View Post
Who's out selling the Kool-Aid today? What's different about Detroit from the days when Archer was Mayor? It's poorer, less populated and in worse financial shape. Neither the state or the feds are in a position to provide much assistance. Some of you think the city has hit bottom and the only place it can go is up. Guess what, there's plenty of room on the downside. The reality of the "financial reckoning" that Daniel Howes repeats endlessly about is an impoverished city with the inability to provide even the basic city service. That's not a recipe for growth. There are areas where things look up. There are glimmers of hope. But Detroit is in a deep, dark hole and I'm not buying the idea that the city has reached the bottom yet.
I guess Gilbert, Karmanos, Illtich, Penske, GM , Blue cross ,DMC, Wayne State, ect didn't get that memo ?
I think my money is going with the business leaders going in , I think they know a little about what makes a place work, All the above mention have VERY successful companies. Sure plenty have left over the years , but something is happening .The state/Government will NEVER let the international city of Detroit go under, NEVER , it just wont happen.
Sure things are dark now, but trust me it will come back , maybe not in our life time , but things are turning around