Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    Will be fun to watch the panic set in as employees realize they've killed the golden goose.

Healthcare typically stops at the end of the period for which you've paid your premiums. But the city might be self-insured. Does anyone know?

Regardless, I think the city's obligation to cover employees will remain, regardless of whether they have money today to pay.

But once the city's checkbook doesn't work, health providers may start declining treatment unless someone 'insures' that they will eventually be paid.

I would stock up on meds and quickly get treated if I were a city employee.
    Can't exactly stock up on meds, you get a one month supply. Unless you want to pay for it. If I go call Rite -Aid and tell them I want six months worth of medication, they'll be inside my wallet in a hurry.

Quote Originally Posted by Locke09 View Post
    ...All else is just slander of a woman none of you probably even personally know. Neither do I, therefore I have nothing good or bad to say about her. I will say that I respect people willing to face the wrath of public opinion to stand on their principles.
    1) Whether you know someone or not is irrelevant, so long as you are commenting on public action of a public official.

2) What principle is she taking a stand on?

3) Having principles, and/or standing behind them does not entitle you to respect.

4) Acting like a fool in public does open you to ridicule.

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    1) Whether you know someone or not is irrelevant, so long as you are commenting on public action of a public official.

2) What principle is she taking a stand on?

3) Having principles, and/or standing behind them does not entitle you to respect.

4) Acting like a fool in public does open you to ridicule.
    1) The comments are definitely not reserved for her public actions. The majority of them make references to her intellect, as though the person making the comment has given her an IQ test or something. I don't care whether she is a public official or not, I immediately have little regard for people who make the kinds of personal comments made on this and other threads.

2) Whether you like it or not, she truly perceives herself as fighting for the rights of Detroiters. At other times she is advocating for the poor. At other times she is advocating for minorities. You might not agree with her, but her principles involve advocating for the disenfranchised. No different than MaryAnn Mahaffey [[sp?)

3) Maybe not you, but it does for me. I admire people who stand on their principles, not people who advocate buckling out of fear. I was taught to be a fighter, so I respect people who are willing to fight for something they sincerely believe, whether I agree with them or not. Maybe you only respect people who agree with you. i respect your right to do so.

4) Perhaps.

She's right about what? Stealing? or OUR?? or Jewels???

Corruption [[justified) in great part forfeited said 'Jewels'...
    Last edited by Zacha341; June-12-12 at 09:21 PM.

Joann watsons leans on racism and cloaks it in pride... and it works, probably why she plays it like that. Them against us. I have no problem with using state resources to get Detroit back on track. Detroit is us weather they like it or not. However, I rather be punched in the nuts than watch the state give Joann watson 2 cents to rub together. She probably belongs in prison. Probably licking her parasitic chops and tryin to figure out how to skim the cream off the tip

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    Can't exactly stock up on meds, you get a one month supply. Unless you want to pay for it. If I go call Rite -Aid and tell them I want six months worth of medication, they'll be inside my wallet in a hurry.
    Well, in a few weeks -- opening your wallet may be your only choice -- unless state taxpayers decide to fund the city. It'll be great to have you join many of us in the real world. Its a fine place. [[Good health to you.)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2