With the talk about Hamtown Farms, it got me thinking of Hamtramck. With so many people wanting walk ability, why hasn't Hamtramck become a trendy place for the coveted "young professionals?" I was surprised to see Hamtramck still has a population density of over 10,000. The neighborhoods are still intact for the most part and it still has a workable business district. The city still has strong Polish roots but also has seen an influx in immigrants. It still has some old Polish restaurants and bakeries and now more ethnic restaurants as well. It seems to have everything that the people who move to Royal Oak want except with real character and culture. I know crime is high, but it isn't as bad as nearby Highland Park or most of Detroit. It's not that far from Wayne State and is closer to downtown than Ferndale or Royal Oak. I've also read about it's budding art and music scene yet I don't hear about much development. Joseph Campau, Caniff, an even Conant have potential. Property is also dirt cheap. Why no gentrification? It seems to have become a gateway for immigrants.