Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Quote Originally Posted by Wesley Mouch View Post
    I agree that Unions improved wages. [[That doesn't justify their continued existence.)

But onto the thread...

If you allow choice in education, you create a diverse environment where different ideas can compete in the market.

This diverse environment might breed 1,000 new ideas. Let's assume that only one of those ideas is great. The rest are just nothing. What do you have?

You have a result that shows statistically that charters aren't any better. But you in fact have one school that is a lot better. Even great.

So a statistic comparing 'traditional' vs. 'choice' is meaningless.

If you want to prove that Charters are no good, you need to prove that there are no individual schools that have found a better way to education children.

You're changing your argument. I never implied that "Charters are no good." I was responding specifically to this statement that you made:

Mouch: I respond that much like Unions claim to improve wages for all, I believe that 'charters and choice' are leading to improved schools for all.

So actually, to verify your "belief", there should be statistics showing that everyone has been getting a better education since the advent of charters, not just one or two schools. That is the point you were making isn't it?

BTW, I am not compelled to prove that Charters are no good. I am simply opposed to my tax dollars going to charter, private and for profit schools. Especially when, because of income, I would still have to pay for my kids to get a private school education.

Quote Originally Posted by Locke09 View Post
    You're changing your argument. I never implied that "Charters are no good." I was responding specifically to this statement that you made:

Mouch: I respond that much like Unions claim to improve wages for all, I believe that 'charters and choice' are leading to improved schools for all.

So actually, to verify your "belief", there should be statistics showing that everyone has been getting a better education since the advent of charters, not just one or two schools. That is the point you were making isn't it?

BTW, I am not compelled to prove that Charters are no good. I am simply opposed to my tax dollars going to charter, private and for profit schools. Especially when, because of income, I would still have to pay for my kids to get a private school education.
    Lies, Damned Lies, and Statistics:

You can't have a statistic that reflects a single variable when there are so many changes occurring at the same time. [[Precisely why innovation cannot be commanded. It must be enabled -- hence Charters.)

You have the right to oppose this -- but I suggest that you will benefit more by the education of children who will direct the future of our country and world, than by saving a few dollars on an abstract principle.

Best to all.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2