I will always be opposed to sending public dollars to private schools and I am especially opposed to having to win a "lottery" in order to get my child into one of the available slots for a good education. All schools should be providing a quality education.

I sent my kids to private school and I paid for it, while still paying taxes that went to public schools. There was nothing magic happening at the private school. The average teacher there was not any better than the average public school teacher [[I know a lot of educators in both public and private schools). The difference was that every parent there was involved in their child's education and in what was happening in the classroom. The school knew parents expected a lot of their children and a lot of the school and would hold both accountable.

Under Louisiana's model, I would still have to pay my kids' tuition, still have to pay property tax and get to watch people who make less than me get vouchers to send their kids to the schools that I have to pay to send mine.