Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by davewindsor View Post
    Sounds overpriced. Why is it listed for $99K, when under property history it says the tax assessment went from $34K to $31K in 2011? Sure, in any other city it would be worth a lot more. But, this is Detroit and most of the complaints I hear from residents are that their tax assessments are a lot higher than what they would sell for, yet here it's the reverse if they're claiming that's what it's worth in this neighborhood.

I agree , maybe because they are listing it as a four flat property they feel it commands more but yet they kinda skirt the details which to me hints it as still a SFR in the eyes of the city.

I viewed the listing for a 1925 6500 sqft house close to that one 3 years ago for 60k and it was still unmolested.

Then there was also the commercial building that was listed for $225,000 then they shaved $100,000 off of the price after they realized it was to much,I am starting to wonder if people just throw high numbers out there to maybe snag an overseas investor thinking they are not going to pull the comps,which as we have seen here it happens.

They are showing two of the flats as being 2500 sqft per which would have some heavy utility costs for the tenant added on top of the rent,what kind of rents are there ?
    Last edited by Richard; May-30-12 at 04:40 PM.