Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Living this way, trying to strive, keep out of harms way, and still help others has a cumulative affect - that's for sho'... sometimes it IS wearing on the soul and mind.

Quote Originally Posted by Gistok View Post
    Like in Thunderdome... it seems like society is breaking down... a little bit at a time... but I don't see there being an escape from that... except someplace really remote.

Quote Originally Posted by softailrider View Post
    You don't have to move overseas. Get on I-75, drive about 20 or 30 miles North of the city, Rochester, Oakland Township, Clarkston ect. Actually, there's a plethora of cities located right around here where it's pretty sedate and they don't set pregnant women on fire.
    I live 20 miles NW of 8 Mile/Northwestern. My theory is that "Crime" diminishes
    inversely proportionately to the distance in miles from 8 Mile Road [[at the moment). So if we allocate an arbitrary baseline figure of say 1000 [[Serious Crimes per year) for south of 8 Mile then my city area would be 1000 divided by [[20 multiplied by 20) which would give me 2.5 and that's about what it is relatively. [[Note to poobert - uncharming Novi would be very safe for the State Fair)

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    Illinois

How old are you? Whatever you do, don't try standup. You'll go broke.
    Last edited by Cincinnati_Kid; May-28-12 at 11:35 AM.

What an awful story but glad this woman survived. I hope society will find effective disposal to the animals that did this.

5. Default

In the old days of the forum your post would have garnered the "Don't let the door hitya where the good lord splitya."

But seriously, just as others point out above, where are you going to go in this world?

If our situation had deteriorated to a situation as is happening Syria the door would be hitting me. We all tend to mood swing when a spate of sensational crimes appear, then it fades away. In my part of town the Cipriano baseball bat murder and attempted murders dominates. Then granny gets a gun because of it and blows away her grandson. Bad news spirals up and down.

And yet, in reality, the most dangerous thing we do every day is get in our cars and think nothing of it.

Quote Originally Posted by Lowell View Post
    In the old days of the forum your post would have garnered the "Don't let the door hitya where the good lord splitya."

But seriously, just as others point out above, where are you going to go in this world?

If our situation had deteriorated to a situation as is happening Syria the door would be hitting me. We all tend to mood swing when a spate of sensational crimes appear, then it fades away. In my part of town the Cipriano baseball bat murder and attempted murders dominates. Then granny gets a gun because of it and blows away her grandson. Bad news spirals up and down.

And yet, in reality, the most dangerous thing we do every day is get in our cars and think nothing of it.
    Very well stated!! My father was murdered in the city. I could have packed it in and left but stayed as this is my city and I was not going to let anyone take that away from me.

Quote Originally Posted by Meddle View Post
    You could go to Miami where drug-crazed zombies chew on your face:

http://www.abc57.com/video/Miami-cop...155021865.html
    Damn, you beat me to this one......

Quote Originally Posted by Cincinnati_Kid View Post
    ^^ Where's Chicago??
    There's no data for Chicago, as they don't report certain crimes the way the FBI would like them to. Granted, I'm sure suburban Chicago is somewhere in the middle.

Quote Originally Posted by rb336 View Post
    rodney king was a single group of incidents touched off by a single event. The others you talked about are single person issues. There have been far too many stories about this type of crime around here lately, and with all the cuts to public safety I don't see it getting better. the crap that is going around here breaks my heart. It's a whole new level of callousness and depravity
    Dude, stuff like this happens in every major city across the globe. Whichever city you move to you'll hear about this kind of thing every day on the news. People are people. What you should do instead, is worry about your own circle. As long as everything is hunky-dory with you and the people you know, you don't need to worry about grannies with guns, baseball bat-wielding drug addicts, or jealous ex-boyfriends.

This wasn't random - check out the movies playing at the
    Ford Wyoming - and one version said she dropped him off at
    his "new" girlfriend's house. I'm sure the 3 stooges must have been playing somewhere. This is a very sad and very
    Stupid crime and I'm glad she survived. I wonder when the
    fund will be set up to contribute to her medical bills, unborn
    child, etc. Bet she doesn't press charges against the BOY friend

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    Right, instead they chop up their wives and leave the torso in the garage while spreading the other boy parts around the neighbohood.

http://www.cbc.ca/news/world/story/2...an-arrest.html
    The fact that you had to dig up a story from five years ago kind of proves his point.

sanctity of life... JOKE

its ok to vaccuum and dismember a baby out of the uterus of a mother because this life is inconvieneiet...

soon with obama care and rationing, old people will not be worth maintaining...

everything is handed to the entitlement society with no sense of reprecussion or responsibility

anyone wonder why there is no respect for others?

I guess you could try moving to Warren, MI. Nothing bad ever happens there...

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    sanctity of life... JOKE

its ok to vaccuum and dismember a baby out of the uterus of a mother because this life is inconvieneiet...

soon with obama care and rationing, old people will not be worth maintaining...

everything is handed to the entitlement society with no sense of reprecussion or responsibility

anyone wonder why there is no respect for others?
    Because people are intolerant and dogmatic due to their ancient belief systems?

Quote Originally Posted by hudkina View Post
    Because people are intolerant and dogmatic due to their ancient belief systems?
    No... don't you get it? It's the liberals! If it wasn't for Obamacare, this woman would be perfectly fine! She would have never been shot & set afire because she would have been married to this gentleman, who would be working hard to support his coming family in a job that a billionare would have created because he pays no taxes!

And don't you dare blame this on the gun that was likely purchased illegally. It's the liberals that buy guns illegally in the first place!

[[I worked in conservative radio for too long... I know how they think and it makes me want to vomit. The whole system is broken. Neither side is willing to risk the support of their contributors or voters to actually fix it.)

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    The whole system is broken. Neither side is willing to risk the support of their contributors or voters to actually fix it.)

while this may be true, unfortunatly for the past many decades the City of Detroit and it's citizens are willing to walk in marchstep with the liberal line of thinking and how's that working out for ya???

funny you would like to blame this on the gun instead of the sick individual, gun purchased illegally or not.... you have a petition started yet to outlaw gasoline or lighter fluid??? probalby not because if guns were illegal he would not have even considered lighting her on fire......

Actually Detroit exists as it does due to conservative principles such as every man for himself. If it were up to liberals Detroit [[and every American city) would function more like European cities.

"how's that working out for ya???"

Channeling ones inner Sarah Palin doesn't help matters either.

And I knew you would believe I was "blaming the gun." I blame the individual and a society that does a better job preparing people for prison than it does educating them.

We have the right to bear arms. We should not lose that right. But we can regulate them. There's nothing against it in the Constitution. Requiring ballistics testing on all guns that enter the country, are currently registered & those that are seized, would assist greatly in not only investigating crimes, but in closing the holes in the system that allow weapons to fall into the wrong hands. The NRA is against any such methods.

As for banning gasoline & lighter fluid. Ok! Let's do it! No more relying on Middle-East oil! Electric cars & public transit! Sounds like a win-win situation to me.

Quote Originally Posted by jtf1972 View Post
    We have the right to bear arms. We should not lose that right. But we can regulate them. There's nothing against it in the Constitution.
    I propose a Barney Fife law.

Nobody can have more than one bullet and it has to be in a shirt pocket, not the gun.

Quote Originally Posted by aj3647 View Post
    The fact that you had to dig up a story from five years ago kind of proves his point.
    As far as I could see, he didn't have a point.

MY point was these types of crime can happen anywhere, given the circumstances surrounding them [[I know, probably way over you had to understand that).

Warren caught these murderous punks. Don't commit crimes in Warren, you won't get away with it!

Quote Originally Posted by coracle View Post
    I live 20 miles NW of 8 Mile/Northwestern. My theory is that "Crime" diminishes
    inversely proportionately to the distance in miles from 8 Mile Road [[at the moment). So if we allocate an arbitrary baseline figure of say 1000 [[Serious Crimes per year) for south of 8 Mile then my city area would be 1000 divided by [[20 multiplied by 20) which would give me 2.5 and that's about what it is relatively. [[Note to poobert - uncharming Novi would be very safe for the State Fair)
    No argument there. The problem is that a lot of people don't want to live, work, or play in the sprawlburbs. If the city and the inner ring continue to deteriorate, I will very soon be taking me educated ass elsewhere - and I don't mean Novi. A region has to offer a variety of lifestyles paired with quality of life. You can keep your spawlburbs and people getting lit on fire. This place stinks.

Warren may have caught these two but that won't last. The worse elements of Detroit are moving to Warren. As the tax base continues to decline so will the services. The writing on the wall is that Warren is going the way of much of the east side of Detroit.

Please like hipsters were ever going to make Warren the next Williamsburg. You act like you don't still have Ferndale, Royal Oak, Birmingham, the Grosse Pointes, Dearborn, Hamtramck, Wyandotte, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by poobert View Post
    I will very soon be taking me educated ass elsewhere - .
    Hmmmmm......

Quote Originally Posted by 313WX View Post
    As far as I could see, he didn't have a point.

MY point was these types of crime can happen anywhere, given the circumstances surrounding them [[I know, probably way over you had to understand that).
    Please refer back to my post on this subject. I never said or insinuated that crime couldn't happen in the outlying areas. People can commit a crime anywhere, in any location. You usually become a victim by being in the wrong place at the wrong time. Does that happen more often in the city then in the suburbs? Check the stats and decide for yourself.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast