Belanger Park River Rouge
NFL DRAFT THONGS DOWNTOWN DETROIT »

Hybrid View

Quote Originally Posted by Shollin View Post
    I have to agree. I always read how shopping at box stores and eating at chain restaurants is not "cultured", but cultured is going to Royal Oak, a city that's 90% white, and eating at over priced restaurants. I love Hall Road. All the shopping I need is there and there is a Golden Corral and I can stuff my face until my shirt buttons pop off for $10.

Personally, I love the culture of Ferndale. I like to go to Buffalo Wild Wings and Rosie O' Grady's. They're both so unique and there's nothing like them anywhere else.

Like it or not, Hall Road is the retail "downtown" of the Detroit metro area.

Of course when Poobert & Nerds Department Store opens in downtown Detroit in all of its seventy-five story glory with the Magic Choo-choo Station integrated into the ground floor, people will abandon Hall Road in droves and it will become a ghost town.

Start saving the money for your investment, boys.

If walkable places give some people the creeps, its partially because it confounds expectations. Typical suburbanites recoil because a place sized down to human scale is not what they think of as developed. They find the variety of modes and people confusing, intimidating, maddening. Why are all the buildings so close together? Where do we park? Why are people walking and biking as well as driving? Why are the streets lined with buildings filled with thin, young, attractive people? Where are the fast food joints, the self-service gas stations? Literally and metaphorically, these suburbanites get lost.